Missing content in Word Document when saved as PDF

Hello

I’m currently evaluating your product for my company.

The issue I came up with is the following:

1. I created a Document containing Text, Image, Table and a Chart in Word 2010
  2. I then loaded it with Aspose.Words: this.destinationDocument = new Document(documentStream);
  3. I saved it as PDF: this.destinationDocument.Save(Path.Combine(WorkingDirectory, “Doc.pdf”), SaveFormat.Pdf);
  4. The PDF is saved to disk, but the Chart is missing. Text, Image and Table are in there as they should.

Is there an alternative way to save a document as PDF?

Additionally I re-saved the document as Word: this.destinationDocument.Save(Path.Combine(WorkingDirectory, “Doc.docx”), SaveFormat.Docx);
And when I open it in Word 2010 it says it is in Compatibility Mode, although it was definitely not when the Document was created. Edit: But it contains all the content.

I have attached the document I created in Word 2010.

Edit: I’m using the latest version downloaded 1 hour ago.

Thanks in advance for your support
Philipp Dolder

Hi
Thanks for your request. The problem occurs because Aspose.Words does not support rendering of OOXML diagrams and charts. We plan to support this feature before August release. Your request has been linked to the appropriate issue. We will let you know once this feature is supported.
Best regards,

Thanks for your quick reply, Alexey

Do you have any information concerning the second problem I had?
That the Word Document is saved in Compatibility Mode even though I specified SaveFormat.Docx. Or should I open a second thread in the forum for this topic?

Best Regards
Philipp Dolder

Hi
Thanks for your request. Have you tried specifying compliance when save to DOCX.
https://reference.aspose.com/words/net/aspose.words.saving/ooxmlsaveoptions/compliance/

OoxmlSaveOptions opt = new OoxmlSaveOptions(SaveFormat.Docx);
opt.Compliance = OoxmlCompliance.Iso29500_2008_Transitional;
doc.Save(@"out.docx", opt);

Best regards,

Hi

I just tried that. But unfortunately that doesn’t help. Compatibility Mode remains.
Do you have any ideas?

Regards
Philipp

Hi
Thank you for reporting this problem to us. I managed to reproduce the problem on my side. Your request has been linked to the appropriate issue. You will be notified as soon as it is resolved.
Best regards,

The issues you have found earlier (filed as WORDSNET-4777) have been fixed in this .NET update and in this Java update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.
(64)

We also have the same issue with charts missing in docx to pdf conversion. I tested it with the latest (11.0) version, charts are still not supported. We would like to know when charts will be supported in Aspose.Words.

Hi Roald,

Thank you for inquiry.
Please share the input files with us, so we could test the issue accordingly. We’ll be able to suggest something after testing and reproducing the issue over here.We’re sorry for the inconvenience.

Reported issues in this thread:

WORDSNET-4777: Resolved
Fix Version 10.5.0.

WORDSNET-3860: Unresolved
Fix Version 11.2.0.

Thanks for your reply. I made a simple Word 2007 document with a diagram in it and attached it to this post. The document is not saved in compatability mode. The diagram is missing from the Pdf when converted using Aspose.Words.

Hi Roald,

Thank you for inquiry. While using latest Aspose.Words 11.0.0. I managed to reproduce this problem on my side. I have logged your issue into our bug tracking system. Your request has also been linked to the appropriate issue. Once we sort it out, we will let you know. Sorry for inconvenience.

Hi
Moreover, please note that the problem occurs because Aspose.Words does not support rendering of OOXML diagrams and charts. We will let you know once this feature is supported.

WORDSNET-3860: Unresolved
Fix Version 11.2.0.

Note: We are unable to commit any time estimate because this feature is still Unresolved.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as WORDSNET-3860) have been fixed in this .NET update and this Java update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.
(42)