Output HTML is incorrect after performing mail merge using .NET

Hi,

We recently upgraded from Aspose.Words (for .Net) 6.1 to 10.1. After upgrade we have noticed that the HTML output is different on the newer version. We would like the output to match the old version since the new version looks wrong.

We are creating a report using mail merge that has a single image and some text for each record. Each record has a page break between it so as a Word doc each record is on a new page. In HTML format for 6.1 each record appeared on after the other - which is right. With 10.1 the images for all records overlap each other and the text.

I’ve attached screenshots of the html output from both versions and also the html files (renamed to .txt extension).

Is there some option we need to set in 10.1 to make the HTML output appear the same as 6.1?

Thanks,

Andy

Hi

Thanks for your request. Could you please attach your input MS Word document here for testing? We will check the issue and provide you more information.
By the way, have your tried using the latest version of Aspose.Words (11.1.0). You can download it from here:
https://releases.aspose.com/words/net

Best regards,

Hi,

I did try with 11.1 and had the same issue.

Below is the original word template we use to create the report.

Thanks,

Andy

Hi Andy,

I have tested the scenario and have not found any issue while using latest version of Aspose.Words for .NET. It would be great, If you share about your working environment like operating system, .net framework etc. Please find generated output html file in attachment.

Hi,

I have tried again with the latest version 11.1 and got the same result.

I tried viewing the attachment you created and it looked wrong to me. I have tried viewing it (on Windows 7) using Chrome v17.0, Firefox v3.6.28 and IE v9. We use .Net 4 for our application.

Since the attachment you created doesn’t look right either is this a web browser issue?

Thanks,

Andy

HI,

Is there any update on the status of this investigation?

Thanks,

Andy

Hi Andy,

Please accept my apology for late response. I have tested the scenario and have not found any issue while using latest version of Aspose.Words for .NET. I have attached the screen shot of output which I shared at this post. I have tested the output with FireFox, IE and Chrome at Windows 7.

Can you please check the output and share your comments either the output looks good to you or not? We are really keen to help you but need some more details, If you are not happy with output.