64 bit problems

We have aspose cells 4.8.0.0. We are having problems migrating an existing web application and web service to a windows 2008R2 platform. We suspect that the aspose.cells.dll is not compatible with the 64 bit OS.

I have downloaded a demo of aspose cells for .NET 7.0.2.0, but can't seem to get it to work with my application. I replaced the older dll with the new one, but left the aspose.cells.dll.lic file in place.

I changed all my references to point to the 7.0.2 version ofthe dll, but as soon as the program attempts to use the aspose.cells.dll object, it reports the following error:

Could not load file or assembly 'Aspose.Cells, Version=4.8.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=716fcc553a201e56' or one of its dependencies. The located assembly's manifest definition does not match the assembly reference. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80131040)

I can't find any reference to 4.8.0.0 remaining in my project.

Any suggestions?

Jim Frisby

Alaska

Hi,

Aspose.Cells for .NET works on 64 bit platform.

Please use the DLL under the directory “net2.0” and not “net3.5_ClientProfile” folder.

Please download the latest version:
Aspose.Cells for .NET v7.0.2

Our license expired a year ago. I don't think I'd be able to install 7. Is there a way to get 4.8.0.0 to work with 64 bit platform? I am using aspose.cells.dll created Thursday, May 05, 2011, 2:45:34 PM, size 4,027,112.

Hi,

Aspose.Cells is fully compatible with 64bit environments. Please use the dll (of version v4.8.0) in "net2.0" folder (at your installation direcotry), see the topic for your general reference :
http://www.aspose.com/documentation/.net-components/aspose.cells-for-.net/using-aspose-cells-component-on-32bit-and-64bit-platforms.html

For using latest version e.g 7.x.x, your error seems to be relating to assembly references. Will you please check all the references and update all of them accordingly? If you have any previous assembly reference in GAC, then you should also remove it.

My resource here at ConocoPHillips only contains the one .dll file

07/20/2010 10:29 AM 4,027,112 Aspose.Cells.dll

I don't know if this is the one from the .net 2.0 folder or not.

I tried downloading the 4.8.0.0 msi from the website on the following page:

http://www.aspose.com/community/files/51/.net-components/aspose.cells-for-.net/category1084.aspx?ppage=3

However when I click on the icon or link for 4.8.0.0, it always takes me to the page asking if I am looking for a demo of the latest version:

http://www.aspose.com/community/files/51/.net-components/aspose.cells-for-.net/default.aspx

How can I get the 4.8.0.0 msi file for Aspose Cells for .net?

Thanks,

Jim Frisby

Hi,

Well, I am afraid, you cannot download any version which older than one year from Aspose’s Download module. But, if you already have any older version e.g v4.8 or v4.9.0 etc with you, you may try to use it if it fixes the issue. When you install Aspose.Cells using its MSI installer, there should be net1.x and net2.0 folders at your installation directory. If in any case your issue is not fixed or you don’t have any later versions (that were released before your subscription expiry date) to try, then there is no alternative but to upgrade your subscription.

Thank you.

I made the assumption that my license file would work with any version released before the "SubscriptionExpiry" date in the .lic file. On that basis, I downloaded the dlls for version 5.1.2. The 2.0 version seems to work (so far tested on the 32 bit servers only).

Should I expect any problem with licensing? What would I see if the license did not cover the version I am using?

Thanks,

Jim Frisby

Hi,

"I made the assumption that my license file would work with any version released before the “SubscriptionExpiry” date in the .lic file. On that basis, I downloaded the dlls for version 5.1.2. The 2.0 version seems to work (so far tested on the 32 bit servers only). "

Your assumption is right. v5.1.2 (from net2.0) would work equally fine on 32 and 64bit environments.

"Should I expect any problem with licensing? What would I see if the license did not cover the version I am using?"

When you use a version that is related after your subscription expiry date, an exception would be occurred and you will work in evaluation mode that does not provide you full capacity of the product.

Thank you.