Layout changes when converting WORD to PDF

Hello,

We have an unexpected layout change during the conversion from Word documents to PDF files. The issue is shown in the attached pdf file. And the original document is also in attachment.

The placement of an image in the word document seems to have changed in the pdf. We also have received an issue about cropping of an image being removed during the conversion of another document. The result is in the attached zip file.

Kind regards,
Cedric

Hi Cedric,

Thanks for your inquiry.

I have tested the scenario and have managed to reproduce the same issue at my side. The image at page number 3 does not render correctly.

For the sake of correction, I have logged this problem in our issue tracking system as WORDSNET-9646. I have linked this forum thread to the same issue and you will be notified via this forum thread once this issue is resolved.

We apologize for your inconvenience.

Hello,

Has there been any progress on this issue?

Kind regards,
Cedric Fouquet

Hi Cedric,

Thanks for your patience.

I am afraid your issue has now been postponed till a later date due to some other important issues and new features. We will inform you as soon as there are any further developments. We apologize for your inconvenience.

Please use the following code example as a workaround of this issue. Hope this helps you.

var doc = new Document(MyDir + "in.doc");
DocumentBuilder builder = new DocumentBuilder(doc);
foreach(Shape shape in doc.GetChildNodes(NodeType.Shape, true))
{
    if (shape.WrapType == WrapType.Tight)
    {
        builder.MoveTo(shape);
        builder.InsertBreak(BreakType.PageBreak);
    }
}
doc.Save(MyDir + "Out.pdf");

Hello Tahir,

Thank you for your answer. Unfortunatly, in the current version, this produces a slightly different problem. The image does not go out of bounds but the text-wrapping does not work completely.

Attached
you will find the new result pdf where a few words are placed on the
other side of the image while this is not the configuration in word.

Kind regards,
Cedric Fouquet

Hi Cedric,

Thanks for your patience.

Yes, the shared workaround does not solve the problem correctly. We will update you via this forum thread once this issue is resloved.

Hello Tahir,

I was wondering, is there any news on this issue?
It’s been several months and conversion to PDF that is not consistent with MS Word.

Kind regards,
Cedric Fouquet

Hi Cedric,

Thanks for your inquiry. Unfortunately, WORDSNET-9646 is not resolved yet. This issue is more complex than we initially estimated. I have verified the status of this issue from our issue tracking system and regret to share with you that this issue had been postponed till a later date. We will notify you via this thread as soon as this issue is resolved.

Hello Tahir,

It has been several months and we’re wondering about the status of this issue.
Is there an update on the ETA for a solution?

Kind regards,
Cedric Fouquet

Hi Cedric,

Thanks for your patience. I regret to share with you that this issue is still postponed due to some other important issues and new features. We will inform you as soon as there are any further developments.

We are really very sorry for your inconvenience.

Hi Tahir,

Would it help if we moved this issue to our priority support?
If yes please do so.

Hi Cedric,

Thanks for your inquiry. We are in communication with our development team and will get back to you soon.

Hi Cedric,

Thanks for your patience. I regret to share with you that your issue (WORDSNET- 9646 ) is related to following missing features.

WORDSNET-832 : Make table layout as close to Word as possible
WORDSNET-7013 : Support “Use Word 2003 indent rules for text next to wrapped objects” compatibility option

After the fix of WORDSNET-832 of WORDSNET-7013, our development team will look into your
issue. Keeping in view the complexity and the amount of work involved, I am afraid, we can not promise you any ETA of this issue. I will be sure to inform you via this forum thread as soon as
these features are available.

Hello Tahir,

I’m checking in again to see if there is any updated progress for issue WORDSNET-9646.

Kind regards,
Cedric Fouquet

Hi Cedric,

Thanks for your inquiry. I regret to share with you that your issue is still postponed due to missing features WORDSNET-832 and WORDSNET-7013. We will inform you via this forum thread once there is any update available on your issue.

Hello Tahir,

I’m checking in again on the progess of this issue.

Kind regards,
Cedric Fouquet

Hi Cedric,

Thanks for your inquiry. Unfortunately, your issue is still postponed due to following missing features:

WORDSNET-832 : Make table layout as close to Word as possible
WORDSNET-7013 : Support “Use Word 2003 indent rules for text next to wrapped objects” compatibility option

Hello Tahir,

Is there any update on this, some progress ?

Best regards,

Bart

Docbyte

Hi there,

Thank you for being patient. We have verified the status of this issue from our issue tracking system and regret to share with you that this issue is still postponed. We will inform you via this forum thread once this issue is resolved.

Hello Tahir,

This case is already open for more than one year.
Can You give us a timing for this ?

Best regards,

Bart