Problem with a column saving in pdf format

Hi,

Using the Aspose Cells 8.3.1 we still have some issues. Some text in cells does not fit on a single line. In Excel the content fits the cell on only one line, but in generated PDF, the content has a line feed and fills two or more lines.

The problem does not appear when we save the Excel file in PDF from Excel.

I attached the generated Excel and PDF, the problem occurs on columns headers lines 9 to 12. Sometimes, the content is over borders, like in cell N9.

Thank you for your answer,

Sylvain Mora
Sopra Steria Group

PS: If it’s easier for you, I can create a new thread

Hi,

Thanks for the template file.

I observed the issue as you mentioned by converting your Excel file to PDF via Aspose.Cells APIs. There are some column headers where the contents are not rendered fine and are overlapping the borders like in the cell N9 etc. See the screen shot to better illustrate the issue:

I have logged a separate ticket with an id “CELLSJAVA-41138” for your issue. We will look into it soon.

Once we have any update on it, we will let you know here.

PS. I have splitted your original thread to move your last post to create a new thread for your issue for our convenience.

Thank you.

Hi,

We did evaluate your issue.
Well, our generated PDF is more like the Excel’s normal view with zoom level to 100% (please see highlighted parts in the attached screen shot). While converting the spreadsheet to PDF format, Excel does scaling to the font size according to some unknown factors. At the moment, I am afraid we cannot do exactly the same as Excel does so we will thoroughly analyze the case in future versions may be and will let you when we have some updates on it.

Thank you.

Hi Amjad,

is there any news on this issue ?

Regards
Eric Hamel

Hi,

As per my previous reply here, I am afraid, we might not fix your issue. I have checked the status of the issue, it is “Closed” with an attribute “Won’t Fix”.

Anyways, if we still have any update on it in future, we will surely let you know here.

We are sorry for your inconvenience caused!

Thank you.