Aspose Slides image extraction issues

Hello Aspose support
We are experiencing a problem when with extracting image from PPTX file using Aspose.Slides for Java.
The original PPTX file contains embedded EMF/WMF images, like on slide 4, bottom-right.
However extracted image is not complete, please see attachment.
We use:
- Aspose.Slides for Java 8.2.0
- Windows XP
- Red Hat 4.4.7-3, JBoss 5.2.0.1 s
The original and generated files are attached.
Can you please advise if it is a bug in Aspose.Slides 8.2.0? Or we should extract images in some specific way? So far we do it exactly like you propose on your page.

Thank you.
Kind regards,
Michal Wasiak

Hi Michal Wasiak,

Thanks for inquiring Aspose.Slides.

I have observed the inquiry shared by you and request you to please the sample code for extracting the images from presentation. Actually, Aspose.Slides does not offer extracting the images from PPTX presentations. Can you pleases share the sample code that you have used on your end to reproduce the issue. I will use the same on my end to help you further.

Many Thanks,

Hi

Thank you for your answer. First of all the code goes like this:

for (ShapeEx shape : shapeCollection) {
if (shape instanceof AutoShapeEx) {

byte[] imageData = shape.getPictureFormat().getPicture().getImage().getBinaryData();

} else if (shape instanceof PictureFrameEx) {

byte[] imageData = shape.getFillFormat().getPictureFillFormat().getPicture().getImage().getBinaryData();

} else if (shape instanceof OleObjectFrameEx) {
try {

byte[] imageData = shape.getImage().getBinaryData();

} catch (Exception e){
LOGGER.error(“Unparseable OLE object found!”);
}

Some brakcets might be missing, but it’s generally it. Which brings mi to the second thing: under this link Extracting Images from Presentation shapes|Aspose.Slides Documentation you say it’s possible and we do it basically the same way. Could you please clarify if image extraction is or is not supported?

Thanks in advance,
Kind regards,
Michał Wasiak

Hi Michal Wasiak,

Thanks for sharing the feedback. I have worked with the sample code shared and have been able to observe the issue while extracting EMF/WMF content from slides 3 and 4. An issue with ID SLIDESJAVA-34257 has been created in our issue tracking system to further investigate and resolve the issue. This thread has been linked with the issue so that you may be automatically notified once the issue will be resolved.

We are sorry for your inconvenience,

Thank you very much.

Hello Support,

I could see that the issue is marked as fixed already. Could you possibly indicate a timeline on when the fix would be released, please?

Thanks,
Michał

Hi Michal Wasiak,

I have verified the issue status from our issue tracking system and like to share that the issue has been marked as resolved in upcoming version of Aspose.Slides for Java 8.4.0. I will be able to share the further feedback with you in this regard as soon as the product will be shared online. The product has been scheduled for delivery during first week of April 2014.

Many Thanks,

The issues you have found earlier (filed as SLIDESJAVA-34257) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by Aspose Notifier.