PresentationEx memory leak?

Hello

During memory analyses I noticed a lot of memory occupied through aspose slides.
I did some further tests and noticed that after I load only one pptx file using PresentationEx, I get a whole bunch of slide object which I can not get rid of. (see attachment)
After running the garbage collector, a few (maybe 1/6) disappear but most stay in the heap memory.

I tried PresentationEx.dispose() but that does not help.

Could this be a memory leak? Is there a way to clear the instances?

Hi Peter,

Thanks for inquiring Aspose.Slides.

I have observed the information shared by you and like to share that whenever you load the presentation using Aspose.Slides, it gets loaded in Document Object Model (DOM) of Aspose.Slides. Every presentation has slides, slides have shapes and shapes have properties. So, every things gets loaded in its respective data structure internally which is collectively called DOM. IMO, the image shared by you is normal representation of what is used.

Secondly, when Aspose.Slides loads presentation first time it initializes a lot of internal static structures. When user disposes presentation objects some of these structures can stay in memory. This allows to speed up next presentation load. It’s impossible to say exists memory leak or not in customers example. I hope this will clarify the situation.

Many Thanks,