Convert .vdx to .vsdm missing content

We have custom-written software (we wrote many years ago) which generates a Visio .vdx file (specifically an Organization chart). We have a license for Aspose.Diagram (Java) and I am developing “conversion” test cases, such as converting the .vdx file (produced by our program) to .vsdm format (using Aspose lib).

When I look at the .vdx file in Visio 2016, I see
* 1 Title text
* 9 shapes with associated text
* 8 connectors, connecting the shapes to each other
* I can view VB macro (2) code embedded in diagram.

After I run my Aspose “conversion program”, I open the new .vsdm file and I see
* no Title text
* 6 shapes with text, but the text is written vertically on the left side of the shape
* 4 connectors, but not connected to any shapes
* I can not find the VB macros

The conversion code is below - what are we missing, so that we can convert a .vdx file to .vsdm format?? A ZIP file is attached that contains the .vdx file.

The conversion code :
import com.aspose.diagram.Diagram;
import com.aspose.diagram.LoadFileFormat;
import com.aspose.diagram.LoadOptions;
import com.aspose.diagram.SaveFileFormat;
public class ConvertVisio {
public static void main( String[] args ) throws Exception {
String fileToConvert = “test.vdx”;
String newFilename = “test.vsdm”;

LoadOptions loadOptions = new LoadOptions( LoadFileFormat.VDX );
Diagram diagram = new Diagram( fileToConvert, loadOptions );
diagram.save( newFilename, SaveFileFormat.VSDM );
}
}

Hi,

Thank you for contacting support. We’re working over your query and will get back to you soon.

Hi,

Thank you for being patient. We managed to replicate the said problems on our side. We have logged tickets in our bug tracking system as below:

DIAGRAMJAVA-50468: Missing shapes on converting a VDX to VSDM
DIAGRAMJAVA-50469: The text items are rendered vertically on converting a VDX to VSDM
DIAGRAMJAVA-50470: Macros are not being preserved on converting a VDX to VSDM

Your post has also been linked to these tickets. We shall keep you informed regarding any available updates. We are sorry for the inconvenience caused.

Hi,

Thank you for being patient. We have a good news for you that the ticket ID DIAGRAMJAVA-50470 has now been resolved. If there is no issue in the QA phase, then this fix will be included in the next version 17.3.0 of Aspose.Diagram for Java API. We shall inform you via this forum thread as soon as the new release is published.

Thank you ! We look forward to resolution of the other 2 tickets.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as DIAGRAMJAVA-50470) have been fixed in Aspose.Diagram for Java 17.3.0.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by Aspose Notifier.

If it is useful, please find attached a ZIP file that contains

a) a .vsx - XML stencil
b) a .vtx - XML template
c) an .xml - VDX drawing

Our software uses these files to produce the final .vdx file - we provided a sample (final) .vdx in our first post in this thread.

Thanks!

Hi,

Thank you for the details. When you will save your source VDX using Microsoft Visio application, and then convert this VDX to VSDM using Aspose.Diagram API. You will see that the output VSDM is fine. Our product team is further investigating the root cause. They have not asked for any more details. Are you using the Aspose.Diagram API to produce the final VDX file? If so, then please provide complete steps and code. In this way, we could help them.

Aspose Support asked:

Are you using the Aspose.Diagram API to produce the final VDX file?

Answer:
Unfortunately, no, our application produces the final .vdx file (like the sample provided). We will use Aspose.Diagram for Java API .jar to do the conversion from VDX to VSDM (clients want the newer .vsdm format, since Visio [2013+] does not write .vdx anymore).

In the future, we will enhance our product (we have a Developer OEM license) to use much more of Aspose.Diagram for Java API to generate the final diagram. (We also use Apose Excel and Word API products).

Hi,

Thank you for the confirmation. We shall let you know about any available updates regarding the remaining two unresolved tickets.

On behalf of our Product Management team, I am posting this request

Hi Aspose Team -

We are in the early stages of a project to correct this issue with our charting tool, and Aspose looks to be the best solution which will prevent us from having to completely rewrite our code. However, the two outstanding issues will be showstoppers for this effort. Therefore, can you please provide us a timeline for the remaining fixes? If they will be done within the next few weeks, then we feel good about continuing forward. If it is much longer than that, we will have to look at other alternatives. Therefore, we really appreciate whatever expediency you can add to the issues. We do have a Developer OEM license if that makes a difference.

Thank you
Kim Howard - Product Management, MItratech

Hi,

Thank you for the inquiry. In reference to the unresolved ticket IDs DIAGRAMJAVA-50468 and DIAGRAMJAVA-50469, our product team needs to investigate it more. They have plans to resolve them in the month April, 2017. We cannot promise to resolve them in the next couple of weeks. Indeed, we shall do our best to resolve and include its fixes in the next release (expected in the middle of April, 2017). Is it not feasible to re-save your source drawings using Microsoft Visio? In that way, Aspose.Diagram API works fine as shared in the earlier post (here).

Thank you for your estimated delivery timeframe. Our Product Management decided we will wait for the future Aspose.Diagram releases that include the two remaining tickets.

Aspose Support asked: “Is it not feasible to re-save your source drawings using Microsoft Visio?”.

Are you referring to using a programmatic Visio COM interface? That would require that we enhance our Java middle-tier application to use JNI (Java Native Interface) (this also means the Visio application would have to be installed on the same server where our middle-tier application is running) - our server-side middle-tier application is what generates the VDX Visio file - the VDX is not generated on the user’s machine.

Hi,

Thank you for the reply. We were talking about the manual way like open a Visio drawing in the Microsoft Visio application, and then re-save. It also depends upon the number of problematic Visio drawings. Anyways, we shall let you know once we have an update regarding the unresolved tickets in this forum thread.

Hi,

Thank you for being patient. We have a good news for you that the ticket ID DIAGRAMJAVA-50469 has now been resolved. If there is no issue in the QA phase, then this fix will be included in the next version 17.4.0 of Aspose.Diagram for Java API. We shall inform you via this forum thread as soon as the new release is published.

Hi,

Thank you for being patient. We have a good news for you that the ticket ID DIAGRAMJAVA-50468 has now been resolved. If there is no issue in the quality assurance phase, then this fix will be included in the next version 17.4.0 of Aspose.Diagram for Java API. We shall inform you via this forum thread as soon as the new release is published.

Thank you for the fixes - we look forward for the release that contains the last two tickets.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as DIAGRAMJAVA-50468;DIAGRAMJAVA-50469) have been fixed in Aspose.Diagram for Java 17.4.0.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by Aspose Notifier.