Slides to PDF fails with the error message

Hi,

We receive the error on powerpoint to pdf conversion when we try to run simultaneous threads (6-8 threads), There are different copies of the files used for conversion, the following exception is received intermittently: 

java.lang.NullPointerException: 
at com.aspose.slides.pa2137a2a.pf4dd765c.pa2137a2a.pf4dd765c.o.do(Unknown Source)
at com.aspose.slides.pa2137a2a.pf4dd765c.pa2137a2a.pf4dd765c.n.do(Unknown Source)
at com.aspose.slides.pa2137a2a.pf4dd765c.pa2137a2a.pf4dd765c.n.do(Unknown Source)
at com.aspose.slides.pa2137a2a.pf4dd765c.pa2137a2a.pf4dd765c.n.if(Unknown Source)
at com.aspose.slides.pa2137a2a.pbdb106a0.cn.do(Unknown Source)
at com.aspose.slides.pbdb106a0.p883e881b.k.if(Unknown Source)
at com.aspose.slides.pbdb106a0.p390e9825.p6a2feef8.w.do(Unknown Source)
at com.aspose.slides.pbdb106a0.p390e9825.p6a2feef8.ac.if(Unknown Source)
at com.aspose.slides.pbdb106a0.p390e9825.p6a2feef8.ac.do(Unknown Source)
at com.aspose.slides.pbdb106a0.p390e9825.p6a2feef8.q.if(Unknown Source)
at com.aspose.slides.pbdb106a0.p390e9825.p6a2feef8.al.if(Unknown Source)
at com.aspose.slides.pbdb106a0.p390e9825.ag.do(Unknown Source)
at com.aspose.slides.pbdb106a0.p390e9825.p6a2feef8.al.do(Unknown Source)
at com.aspose.slides.bbm.do(Unknown Source)
at com.aspose.slides.bbm.do(Unknown Source)
at com.aspose.slides.Presentation.do(Unknown Source)
at com.aspose.slides.Presentation.save(Unknown Source)
at com.converttopdf.provider.aspose.AsposePPT2PDFConverter.convertFile(AsposePPT2PDFConverter.java:34)
at com.converttopdf.provider.aspose.BaseAsposePDFConverter.convertToPdf(BaseAsposePDFConverter.java:114)
... 9 more</pre><pre style="word-wrap: break-word; white-space: pre-wrap;"><br></pre><pre style="word-wrap: break-word; white-space: pre-wrap;">Please let me know if this is a known issue or we can fix it somehow. file used is attached with the message.</pre><pre style="word-wrap: break-word; white-space: pre-wrap;"><br></pre><pre style="word-wrap: break-word; white-space: pre-wrap;">thanks,</pre><pre style="word-wrap: break-word; white-space: pre-wrap;"><br></pre>

Hi Khurram,

Thanks for inquiring Aspose.Slides.

I have observed the stack trace shared and suggest you to please try using Aspose.Slides for Java 7.6.0 on your end. If there is still an issue then please share the sample project with us that is reproducing issue on your and I will try to reproduce the same on my end to help you further. I also request you to please share the sample project focusing only on Aspose.Slides end.

Many Thanks,

Hi,

Let me see how I can share the code, as its quite embedded into our application, in the mean time, please confirm if having a same directory and trying to convert >1000 files (same file copies) should create any concurrency issue? (converting 8 files at a time, 8 threads working on 8 different copies of the same file in same location)

thanks,

Khurram

Hi Khurram,

I will await further response from your end in terms of sample project and source presentations. Secondly, Aspose.Slides is capable to run in threaded environment and it will be investigated once you will share the requested information that why it is failing on your end. Please also share the Opearting System + JDK and environement details on your end.

Many Thanks,

Hi,

I am attaching a simple program that tries to convert few copies of a same file, all the copies are placed on same directory. The issue comes on one of the files randomly, The thread that shows the issue, fails to convert the file and there is no content written to the output pdf file except %PDF tag.

I have also attached the ppt file, you can create 8-10 copies of the same file and run this program.

thanks,

Khurram

Hi Khurram,

Thanks for sharing the details. I have worked with the presentation file shared by creating 8 copies of it and tried exporting them to PDF in threads. I have been able to observe exception in one of them during coarse of exporting to PDF. An issue with ID SLIDESJAVA-34061 has been created in our issue tracking system to further investigate and resolve the issue. This thread has been linked with the issue so that you may be automatically notified once the issue will be resolved.

We are sorry for your inconvenience,

The issues you have found earlier (filed as SLIDESJAVA-34061) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by Aspose Notifier.