How to extract content of a content control by using the value of its tag

Dear all,

I begin with Aspose and I need to extract data’s from a rich text content control. I look at the source of the example ExtractContent, but I 'm not satisfied with the solution given, for example extract between paragraph, between bookmark because I can trust the user do not modify the structure of the document.
As in Microsoft office word 2007 there is the possibility to use the content control with the option “Content control can’t be deleted”, I would like to use it.

I can’t find any example how to extract data’s by using the tag name properties of the content control.
Thanks in advance for your advice.

Hello
Thanks for your request. Using the latest version of Aspose.Words you can get collection of StructuredDocumentTags using the following code:

// Open document
Document doc = new Document("C:\\Temp\\in.docx");
DocumentBuilder builder = new DocumentBuilder(doc);
// Get all StructuredDocumentTags
Node[] tags = doc.GetChildNodes(NodeType.StructuredDocumentTag, true).ToArray();

Then you can loop through this collection and get/insert text. But there is one problem, currently there is no way to get SDT properties (like Title, Tag etc) so there is no way to identify SDT object.
Your request has been linked to the appropriate issue. You will be notified as soon as the feature which allows you to get properties of STD is supported.
Also please follow this link to learn more:
https://reference.aspose.com/words/net/aspose.words.markup/structureddocumenttag/
Best regards,

thanks for your quick answer.

Hi,
I need access to the SDT meta data and I can see it in the node’s private properties (when debugging). When I can expect these to be exposed?
Thanks

Hello Roi,
Thanks for your request. This feature is scheduled on the end of August 2011. You will be notified as soon as it is available.
Best regards,

Hello Everyone,
I am Ann and i am new here.

Hello Ann,
How can I help you?
Best regards,

Hello developers,
I would like to ask for custom rendering capability for content controls in HTML. Very much like the callback feature you have for images. I use content control for user embedded information and having control of its HTML presentation is vital.
Also, I would like to (beta) test any SDT functionally as it becomes available.
Thanks
R

Hi
Thanks for your request. I logged your feature request into our defect tracking system. We will consider providing such functionality in future.
Sure, we will let you know once more features of SDT are available.
Best regards,

“currently there is no way to get SDT properties (like Title, Tag etc) so there is no way to identify SDT object.”
Has this situation been changed? Thanks

Hi Wei,
Thanks for your inquiry.
I have spoken to the developer responsible for implementing this functionality. He estimates that this issue will be fixed sometime around October-November.

I know that this seems a long time to fix a single issue, however you need to take a look at the bigger picture. This issue is a part of a vast number of improvements to the API for StructuredDocumentTags. For things to go smoothly all planning and work has to go into implementing these all at one time which is why the issue has been delayed until now.

We will inform you as soon as the issue is resolved.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as WORDSNET-3892) have been fixed in this .NET update and this Java update.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as WORDSNET-4010) have been fixed in this .NET update and this Java update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.
(9)