When will Smart Art Graphics be supported in the Java Slides?

Hello,

I can’t find the following thread, however the support for Smart Art Graphics came up in this thread because the customer was using Smart Art Graphics in the PPT.

<!–[if gte mso 9]>
<w:WordDocument>
<w:View>Normal</w:View>
<w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom>
<w:TrackMoves/>
<w:TrackFormatting/>
<w:PunctuationKerning/>
<w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/>
<w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>
<w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent>
<w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>
<w:DoNotPromoteQF/>
<w:LidThemeOther>EN-US</w:LidThemeOther>
<w:LidThemeAsian>X-NONE</w:LidThemeAsian>
<w:LidThemeComplexScript>X-NONE</w:LidThemeComplexScript>
<w:Compatibility>
<w:BreakWrappedTables/>
<w:SnapToGridInCell/>
<w:WrapTextWithPunct/>
<w:UseAsianBreakRules/>
<w:DontGrowAutofit/>
<w:SplitPgBreakAndParaMark/>
<w:DontVertAlignCellWithSp/>
<w:DontBreakConstrainedForcedTables/>
<w:DontVertAlignInTxbx/>
<w:Word11KerningPairs/>
<w:CachedColBalance/>
</w:Compatibility>
<w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel>
<m:mathPr>
<m:mathFont m:val=“Cambria Math”/>
<m:brkBin m:val=“before”/>
<m:brkBinSub m:val="–"/>
<m:smallFrac m:val=“off”/>
<m:dispDef/>
<m:lMargin m:val=“0”/>
<m:rMargin m:val=“0”/>
<m:defJc m:val=“centerGroup”/>
<m:wrapIndent m:val=“1440”/>
<m:intLim m:val=“subSup”/>
<m:naryLim m:val=“undOvr”/>
</m:mathPr></w:WordDocument>
<![endif]–><!–[if gte mso 10]>

/* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-priority:99; mso-style-qformat:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman","serif";}

<![endif]–><span style=“font-size: 12pt; font-family: “Times New Roman”,“serif”;”><a href="

This thread is over 2yrs old. Here was your team’s response from over a year and a half ago and I haven’t heard any update on this since.

<!–[if gte mso 9]>

/* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-priority:99; mso-style-qformat:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman","serif";}

<![endif]–>

“Chart and SmartArt rendering support. Both features are currently under development and issues have been created in our issue tracking system to provide these functionalities”

Regards,
Ryan
<span style=“font-size:12.0pt;font-family:“Times New Roman”,“serif”;
mso-fareast-font-family:Arial;mso-fareast-theme-font:minor-latin;mso-ansi-language:
EN-US;mso-fareast-language:EN-US;mso-bidi-language:AR-SA”>

Hi Ryan,

Thanks for getting back to us. I feel you are pointing to following thread:

I have been able to even open the thread link shared by you. Can you please share the issue incurring on your end along with source code, sample presentation and generated output. I also suggest you to please try using our latest version, Aspose.Slides for Java 7.3.0 or Aspose.Slides for Java 7.4.0. I would suggest you to please try using Aspose.Slides for Java 7.3.0 as Aspose.Slides for Java has some breaking changes that have been fixed in upcoming release Aspose.Slides for Java 7.5.0 that is due by end of this month.

Many Thanks,

Hi Mudassir,

I referenced the thread because that is where your team mentioned that Smart Art would be treated as an enhancement. It looks like your team deleted/archived that thread.

I just need to know if Smart Art is now supported in the latest Aspose.Slides for Java and if no when will be supported so I can go back to our customers with this info.

Regards,
Ryan Kawecki

Hi Ryan,

As far as your access to respective thread is concerned, I have requested our web team to help you in this regard for resolution of issues. Can you please share the SmartArt ticket ID with us so that I may look in our issue tracking system for this or please share the sample presentation with SmartArt issues. I also like to add further the SmartArt rendering support is available but there are some rendering issues still. Please share the source presentation with us so that I may help you further in this regard.

Many Thanks,

Customer Sprint. - SmartArt Graphics

I have provided a word document displaying screen shots of the original slide and the converted slide displaying the missing graphs. I have also attached the original PPTX file.

File: ISG All Hands_Master-5-23-11.pptx
Slide 4,25: graph missing

Is this resolved with the latest Java Aspose.Slides?

Customers: Netapp and Vodafone

Please find the enclosed attachment for the word document which includes the image of the actual ppt and the ppt after conversion. It also includes the ‘test.pptx’ provided by NetApp and ‘ProblemPPT1.pptx’ provided by Vodafone which includes one of the slide from the complete deck which was causing an issue.

Please confirm if these issues have been resolved with the latest Java Aspose.Slides.

Regards,

Ryan Kawecki

Customer: KPMG

<!–[if gte mso 9]>

<![endif]–>

Please find the attached Zip file with all relevant information.

Summary: Certain slides when converted using VCC 6.2 show up as White slides with or without borders. The slides to contain both Animation and SmartArt.

Please confirm if these issues have been resolved in the latest Java Aspose.Slides

Regards,
Ryan Kawecki

Hi Ryan,

I have worked with the presentation file shared by you using Aspose.Slides for Java 7.5.0 (Which will be released by day end today) and have not been able to observe issues in generated thumbnails. Please try using the specified version on your end once the new product release will be made available online and share with us if there is still an issue.

Many Thanks,

Hi Mudassir,

Thanks for the update. You confirmed issues could not be replicated against the latest Aspose.Slides for the following customer issue’s, correct?

Sprint
Netapp
Vodafone
KPMG

Please provide me with the location for Aspose.Slides jar and we will test and confirm the same results.

Regards,
Ryan Kawecki

Hi Ryan,

Please download Aspose.Slides for Java 7.5.0 from this link. I tested the presentation file shared by you over this link with this new release.

Many Thanks,