Hide Pivot Table Field List without completely disabling it

Hi,

How do I hide the Pivot Table Field List, but not disable it completely?

I have tried PivotTable.EnableFieldList = False, but this disables it completely: in Excel the Field List button is greyed out (please see attached screenshot).

I want to hide it but still allow users to open it manually if they need to.

Thanks.

Hi,

How could you hide “Field List” icon in MS Excel. Aspose.Cells follows MS Excel standards. Could you provide us a template file having a pivot table in it where pivot table Field List icon is hidden, we will check it soon. Also, if you need to add/remove or hide menu options or icons of MS Excel, I am afraid, this is not supported by the product.

Thank you.

Hi,

Please see attached Excel file.

The Field List is enabled ie. available for the user to open, but is hidden by default (ie. does not display when you open the file).

If I generate with Aspose and set EnableFieldList = True, then by default the Field List is visible (ie. displays immediately when you open the file in Excel).

Please advise?

Thanks

Hi,

Thanks for the template file.

I observed your requirements now. Currently, when we use the line of code, i.e,:
pivotTable.EnableFieldList = true; it not only enables the “Field List” option but also selects it, so it would show all the Pivot Table’s Field List on the right hand side (by default) in MS Excel. As you need to only enable the “Field List” menu option/ icon but it should not show the list (should not select/click the option by default), we need to look into your requirements. We will check if we could enhance the existing APIs or provide some other means or API to do the task for your needs. I have logged a ticket with an id “CELLSNET-42826” for your issue. We will look into it soon.

Once we have any update on it, we will let you know here.

Thank you.

Thank you.

Am I understanding correctly that this feature is currently not supported by Aspose.Cells?

Thanks.

Hi,

Yes, it looks so. If we got it working (as per your needs) using some means or workaround, we will share it first.

Thank you.

Thank you.

Hi,

Well, we have evaluated your issue further.

Well, the “Field List” option available in MS Excel surely depends on the pivotTable.EnableFieldList property. But when you set pivotTable.EnableFieldList to true and you need to hide the Pivot Table’s Field List on the right hand side (in MS Excel) actually depends on another property i.e…, workbook.Settings.HidePivotFieldList. The property workbook.Settings.HidePivotFieldList specifies and covers all the PivotTables in the spreadsheet whether to hide Field List on the right hand side or not. So you should set workbook.Settings.HidePivotFieldList is true accordingly for your needs. Please see the sample lines of code for your reference:
e.g
Sample code:

pivotTable.EnableFieldList = true;
workbook.Settings.HidePivotFieldList = true;

Let us know if you still find any issue.

Thank you.

Thank you Amjad, that worked.

Thanks for the quick response! :slight_smile:

Hi,

Good to know that your issue is resolved now, we have closed your ticket. Feel free to contact us any time if you need further help or have some other issue or queries, we will be happy to assist you soon.

Thank you.