No DesignVersion or RunTimeVersion Folders

I’m attempting to install this to my server. However, when I go to

C:\Program Files (x86)\Aspose\Aspose.BarCode for Reporting Services\Bin

there are no folders in the SSRS2012 folder as described in

Installation|Documentation

I’m attempting manual installation because when I just install the MSI, the barcodes do not become available.

I did notice that there were separate SSRS2012 and VS2012 folders… and assumed that the files in the SSRS2012 folder were what needed to be located on the server. However, when I installed those there and enabled the configuration, reporting services stopped working. Next time I do this I want to be positive this will work.

I did copy the XML file along with the DLL… However, the install page referenced above made no mention of the XML file.

I’m also having trouble divining what node is being referred to in the manual installation instructions step #4.

"Add the following text as the last item in the second to outer element "

I don’t exactly know what “Second to outer” means.

Thanks.

Hi David,

I did notice that there were separate SSRS2012 and VS2012 folders… and assumed that the files in the SSRS2012 folder
Yes, your understanding was correct about it.

I’m also having trouble divining what node is being referred to in the manual installation instructions step #4.
"Add the following text as the last item in the second to outer element "
I don’t exactly know what “Second to outer” means.
There are two elements; one is mail and second is its child. Above mentioned text is referring to the child element. You need to copy the following XML in this child element.

<CodeGroup class="UnionCodeGroup" version="1" PermissionSetName="FullTrust" Name="BarCode" Description="Aspose.BarCode for Reporting Services ">
<IMembershipCondition class="StrongNameMembershipCondition" version="1" PublicKeyBlob="00240000048000009400000006020000002400005253413100040000010001005542E99CECD28842DAD186257B2C7B6AE9B5947E51E0B17B4AC6D8CECD3E01C4D20658C5E4EA1B9A6C8F854B2D796C4FDE740DAC65E834167758CFF283EED1BE5C9A812022B015A902E0B97D4E95569EB8C0971834744E633D9CB4C4A6D8EDA03C12F486E13A1A0CB1AA101AD94943236384CBBF5C679944B994DE9546E493BF" />
</CodeGroup>

Best Regards,

Well, I did get it installed to my Visual Studio, but when I do a report preview of the RDL, I get a square with a red X in it instead of a barcode.

On the server, that's another matter.

The manual install directions appear out of date... at least they're incorrect for SQL2012. It lists one path for a default installation...

C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\MSSQL.x\Reporting Services\ReportServer

...but the actual default path is

C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\MSRS11.MSSQLSERVER\Reporting Services\ReportServer

In the "rsreportserver.config" file, I've added the config snippet to just before the end of the Extensions node.

In the "rssrvpolicy.config" file, I've added the aspose config lines to just outside the most inner of the three layers. Because the rssrcpolicy.config file doesn't contain any secure information, I've attached that here as rssrvpolicy.txt.

I've tried inserting the rssrvpolicy config lines elsewhere within that file, but that results in my reporting services not working at all.

Any ideas? Thanks!

Hi David,

We are updating the outdated instruction according to SQL 2012 and will update you soon. Can you please also share which operating system are you using?

Best Regards,

My workstatoin with VS2013 is on Windows 7 Pro, and the server is running Windows Server 2012 Standard with SQL 2012 Standard.

Hi David,

Thanks for sharing the details. We will test on these operating systems as well.

Best Regards,

I’m eager to see them. I’ve got to get barcodes on reports by the end of the week. I would prefer sooner. Is that likely?

Hi David,

Yes, this task has a high priority and will be completed in a day or two. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Best Regards,

Ok, so is it possible to get per incident support? I just need to get this working and my report out the door.

Hi David,

There looks to be some issue and we are in communication with our product team to get it working as soon as possible. We are sorry for the inconvenience.

Best Regards,

Finally looked at the downloads available again… I noticed that the version I was working with was only listed as being download 8 times. That wasn’t a very high number, and totally explained why it might not work, and not be known to not work.

I downloaded version 6.7 that’s been downloaded ~130 times. That worked, at least on the server… and that’s what’s important.

Hi David,

Aspose.Barcode for SSRS 7.3.0 has recently been released and it has not been officially announced yet; that is the reason you see less downloads. It will be announced in a couple of days and then number of downloads will start increasing.

As far as your original issue is concerned, there was some issue with my environment and it has been resolved now. I am able to see correct barcodes at my end using the latest version of Aspose.Barcode for SSRS. Following are my environment details.

• Windows Server 2012
  • Visual Studio 2013
  • SSRS 2012
  • Aspose.Barcode for SSRS 7.3.0

Please check attached configuration files for Visual Studio and Report Server and confirm if you have placed Aspose.Barcode related code on correct places in your configuration files. Please also restart SQL Server and Reporting Services after updating the configuration files.

Note: DLL from Bin\VS2013 folder was used with Visual Studio 2013 and DLL from Bin\SSRS2012 folder was placed in MSRS11.MSSQLSERVER\Reporting Services\ReportServer\bin folder.

Best Regards,