Aspose Total OEM .Net problems

1. When we use Aspose. Slides to convert the attached PPTX. pptx file, there is a program error, see attached log.
  2. When we use Aspose. Slides to convert Oracle training.pptx into xps. , the resulting xps. is grabled. See the following two attached clipped pics
  3. When the customer is uploading text with Chinese content, Chinese in the converted XPS appears as messy code:
Aspose.Words.Document wordDocument = new Aspose.Words.Document(fInfo.SourcePath);
wordDocument.Save(fInfo.ProxyFileInfo.FilePath, Aspose.Words.SaveFormat.Xps);

Hi Daisy,

Thanks for inquiring Aspose.Slides.

I have observed the presentation files shared and like to share that same presentations have also been shared in another forum thread few weeks back as well highlighting the same issues incurred. I have already logged an issue with ID SLIDESNET-33670 to resolve the NullReferenceException issue while exporting PPTX.pptx to XPS.

I have also observed the improper rendering issue for bullet character on slide and a separate issue with ID SLIDESNET-33671 has been created as enhancement in our issue tracking system. I have not been able to observe the blocks getting rendered in case of Chinese text for my exported XPS. You may be missing the fonts used in presentation in your operating system. Please install the used fonts and hopefully things will work on your end. For your convenience, I have also attached the generated XPS.

For your kind reference, please visit this thread link. I have linked the mentioned issues with this thread so that we may share updates with you as soon as the issue will be resolved.

PS: I have used Aspose.Slides for .NET 6.6.0 for my investigation.

Many Thanks,

Hi Mudassir,

When can you solve the problem ID SLIDE SNET-33671?

My customer makes calls to us everyday.

And this problem has been sent to you for nearly one and a half months.

Can you help me solve the problem as soon as possible?

Hi Diasy,

I have verified from our issue tracking system and regret to share that issue has not yet been scheduled for investigation. Actually, the issues are resolved on first come first serve basis and on the basis of the priority of customer based on their subscription. However, I have requested our development team to kindly schedule the issue and will be able to share the further feedback with you as soon as it will be shared by them.

We are sorry for your inconvenience,

Hi Daisy,

I have received response from our development team and like to share that the issue SLIDESNET-33671 has been considered for investigation in next week plans by our development team and we will be able to share any possible ETA after investigation will be carried by our development team in this regard. We will appreciate your patience till the time response is shared by our development team.

Many Thanks,

The issues you have found earlier (filed as SLIDESNET-33671) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.

Dear Mudassir,

My customer has upgraded Aspose.Slides.dll to the latest version. Now the version is 6.7.0.0. But when he converts pptx into xps, there is still NullReferenceException. see logs:

[10/8/2012 5:19:58 PM.350 E DocumentExcuter Exception]->Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

[Exception]
Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at •‡.‚.Š(String href)
at •‡.‚.Š(String href)
at †.†.(– hyperlink)
at †.†.(›– glyphs)
at †.††.ŸŸ(›– glyphs)
at ˆ‚.›–.‰(Š‚ visitor)
at ˆ‚.˜–.‰(Š‚ visitor)
at ˆ‚.™–.‰(Š‚ visitor)
at ˆ‚.˜–.‰(Š‚ visitor)
at ˆ‚.—.‰(Š‚ visitor)
at €.“.œ(PresentationEx pres, Stream stream, XpsOptions options)
at Aspose.Slides.Pptx.PresentationEx.Save(Stream stream, SaveFormat format, SaveOptions options)
at Aspose.Slides.Pptx.PresentationEx.Save(String fname, SaveFormat format)
at AI3.Server.DocumentService.Helper.ConvertToXpsExcuter.PptxToXps(FileTypeInfo fInfo) in d:\WorkSpace\XDA_v2.0\Code\CS\Src\Server\DocumentServiceExecutor\AI3.Server.DocumentService\Helper\ConvertToXpsExcuter.cs:line 84
at AI3.Server.DocumentService.Helper.ConvertToXpsExcuter.Excuter(FileTypeInfo finfo) in d:\WorkSpace\XDA_v2.0\Code\CS\Src\Server\DocumentServiceExecutor\AI3.Server.DocumentService\Helper\ConvertToXpsExcuter.cs:line 238
at AI3.Server.DocumentService.DocumentServiceExcutor.DocumentExcuter(FileTypeInfo executorDocument) in d:\WorkSpace\XDA_v2.0\Code\CS\Src\Server\DocumentServiceExecutor\AI3.Server.DocumentService\DocumentServiceExcutor.cs:line 164
at AI3.Server.DocumentService.DocumentServiceExcutor.ProcessMessage() in d:\WorkSpace\XDA_v2.0\Code\CS\Src\Server\DocumentServiceExecutor\AI3.Server.DocumentService\DocumentServiceExcutor.cs:line 273

We have upgraded Aspose.Total for .NET. But the text messy code hasnt been solved yet.

Please help me solve the problem as soon as possible.

Hi Daisy,

Can you please share the sample visual studio application with us that is creating issue on your end. As, I have not been able to observe the issue on my end while verifying the issue. I will try to help you further to resolve the issue.

Many Thanks,

Hi Mudassir,

Can you tell me how to upload attachment here?

Hi Mudassir,

Attached is the test program as well as some related pptx files. Please check.

Hi Diasy,

I have observed the issue shared and like to share that there have been two issues linked with this thread. One with improper bullet rendering has been resolved in Aspose.Slides for .NET 6.7.0 only. The other with ID SLIDESNET-33670 has been fixed but it will be provided in Aspose.Slides for .NET 6.8.0. The issue SLIDESNET-33670 has not been resolved in Aspose.Slides for .NET 6.7.0.

Many Thanks,

Hi Mudassir,

My customer has upgraded to Aspose.Slides for .NET
6.7.0. But the improper bullet rendering hasnt been solved yet. See attachment.

Besides, can you tell me the exact release time for Aspose.Slides for .NET
6.8.0? My customer wants to test to see whether
ID SLIDESNET-33670 has been solved.

Hi Daisy,

I have worked over the new presentation file shared by you and like to share that I have been able to export that to XPS using Aspose.Slides for .NET 6.7.0 .NET2.0 assembly. The bullet rendering issue SLIDESNET-33671 was in fact related to black background appearing in the rendered bullet symbol as given in your this shared image.

I have worked with new presentation file shared and have been able to export to XPS. I feel you may be missing the used font on your end. Please install the fonts used in your presentation in your operating system where you are exporting to XPS.

I also like to add further that Aspose.Slides for .NET 6.8.0 will be released in first week of November 2012 and even I will have access to that just before the product release. We will appreciate your patience till the product release will be available.

Many Thanks,

The issues you have found earlier (filed as SLIDESNET-33670) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.