Quality and Ordering Issues

I’m using Aspose Slides version 2.9.4 (2.9.5 has too large of a memory leak for me to use see SLIDESJAVA-33434)

Customers are reporting that slides are being imported out of order and they are having quality issues.

In the following image column #1 are screenshots of the PPT and column #2 are the images I’m getting using the classes com.aspose.slides.Presentation / com.aspose.slides.Slides.getThumbnail()

As you can see Column #2 is out of order, has missing embedded graphics and has quality issues with the text.

Attached:
“AsposeJavaIssue.png” - shows the 2 columns mentioned above
"MSDS_training.ppt" - The source PPT causing the issue.

Hi,

Thanks for inquiring Aspose.Slides.

I have worked over the presentation file shared by you using Aspose.Slides for Java 2.9.6 and have been able to observe the wrong images getting rendered on slide 1, 4 and 5. An issue with ID SLIDESJAVA-33525 has been created in our issue tracking system to further investigate and resolve the issue. This thread has been linked with the issue so that you may be automatically notified once the issue will be resolved.

We are sorry for your inconvenience,

I’ve retested and this is still an issue with Aspose Slides 6.9.0.

Hi,

Please observe the slide thumbnails generated using Aspose.Slides for Java 6.9.0. I feel there is no image order issue now. Please share your feedback in this regard so that I may help you further in this regard.

Many Thanks,

Hi Mudassir,

I just retested with 6.9.0 using the PowerPoint attached to this case and its still not resolved.

Hi Andrew,

Can you please observe the slide thumbnails shared by me in my previous post. In my humble opinion, the thumbnails have correct images inside them. Can you please share the Aspose.Slides for Java 6.9.0 generated thumbnails for further investigation. Please also share the JDK and system environment details with us as well along with sample code used.

Many Thanks,

Mudassir.

I’m still getting a different order from you running "aspose.slides.2.9.6"

The slides I’m getting and the app Test.java I used to generate them are attached in Slides.zip

I’m running on Windows 7 using JDK 1.6.0_24

Thanks,
Andrew

Hi Andrew,

Please try using following sample code using Aspose.Slides for Java 6.9.0 on your end and kindly share your feedback.

public static void genPPTThumbs() throws Exception
{
String path=“D:\Aspose Data\”;
Presentation pres = new Presentation(path+“MSDS_training.ppt”);
for(int i=1;i<=pres.getSlides().getLastSlidePosition();i++)
{
Slide sld = pres.getSlideByPosition(i);
BufferedImage image = sld.getThumbnail(1.0f, 1.0f);
ImageIO.write(image,“jpeg”, new File(path+“Slides/thumbnail” + i + “.jpg”));
}

Many Thanks,

Thanks that seems to make the difference, but your iteration seems very odd to me.

You get the count of slides from the SlideCollection, but there is no way to get an individual slide from a SlideCollection you need to call Presentation.getSlideByPosition.

It seems to me you should be able to get both the count and get a slide by index from SlideCollection.

What is the proper way to get the count and an individual slide by index from a PresentationEx?

Hi Andrew,

First of all in case of PPTX you need to call the slides from SlideExCollection using slide index as shared in your approach. The reason for this is that the slide deck in case of PPTX is in order in case of PPTX. Where as for PPT the SlideCollection also may or may not have master slides inside it as well and also the order in the SlideCollection does not guarantee that the slide may look the same when viewed in PowerPoint. The reason for this is that one can alter the slide positions in PowerPoint as well but its position in SlideCollection remains same and only the SlidePosition gets modified in case changing slide order. So, this is why for PPT, it is adviseable to traverse the slides the way I have done.

Please share, if I may help you further in this regard.

Many Thanks,

The issues you have found earlier (filed as SLIDESJAVA-33525) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by Aspose Notifier.