Values for 'Text transform' section not copied from master shape leading to overflowing text

Hi,

When adding multiline text to 'Loop limit' shape, the text starts from the center of the shape and overflows.
However, in 'Process' shape the text positioning is correct.

On closer investigation, I found that the real reason for this is that the 'Text transform' values in the shapesheet (for a master shape) are not maintained when the shape is drawn via Aspose api.

I understand that we can set these values/formula using the api methods-

shape.getTextXForm().getTxtHeight().getUfe().setF("Width");
shape.getTextXForm().getTxtWidth().getUfe().setF("Height");
shape.getTextXForm().getTxtPinX().getUfe().setF("0.5*Width");
shape.getTextXForm().getTxtPinY().getUfe().setF("Height*0.5");
shape.getTextXForm().getTxtLocPinX().getUfe().setF("TxtWidth*0.5");
shape.getTextXForm().getTxtLocPinY().getUfe().setF("TxtHeight*0.5");

But these values/formulas can actually be different for different shapes in the stencil, hence I do not want to manually set these.

What I would prefer is that these values be maintained by Aspose unless set explicitly.

It seems not just the 'Text transform' section but the entire shapesheet (formulae particularly) of the master shape be maintained when that shape is drawn via Aspose, because I have faced and reported a similar issue earlier for 'Shape Tranform' section also (which was fixed by your team - the case when formula for height and width were not copied).

Please share your opinion if you believe otherwise.

Attached is the test program, stencil used and the generated vsdx file.

Please note that similar behaviour is encountered in 'Terminator' and 'Manual operation' shape also.

It seems that the earlier raised issue also relates to this-
DIAGRAMJAVA-50498: Output VSDX - the vertical text display of shapes instead of the horizontal

Thanks,
Astha

Hi Astha,

Thank you for posting the stencil file and code. We managed to replicate the said issue in our environment. It has been logged under the ticket ID DIAGRAMJAVA-50503 in our bug tracking system. We have linked your post to this ticket and will keep you informed regarding any available updates. We are sorry for the inconvenience caused.