Gutter Indentation Across Pages

Hi

I am using the Aspose PDF generator version 8.5 using the XML method, Visual Studio 2010, and .NET 4.0.

I have discovered a problem with the indenting of paragraphs when a paragraph crosses a page boundary, and the page gutter attributes (PageGutterSize, PageGutterPlacement) are set.

The contributing factors seem to be:
  • PageGutterSize is set
  • PageGutterPlacement is set (it is very pronounced when set to “Inner”)
  • There is a paragraph (Text) that crosses a page boundary in the final document.
Basically, within the paragraph that spans the two pages the indentation is set correctly on the first page, but remains unchanged on the second. So, instead of adopting the indentation that is correct for the second page, it is the same as the first page. Subsequent paragraphs on the second page are indented correctly.

I have attached an XML file that illustrates the problem.

Can you please advise?

Thanks
Chris Fairall

Hi Chris,

Thanks for your inquiry. While testing the scenario with Aspose.Pdf for .NET 8.5, we’ve managed to reproduce the reported indentation issue on our side and logged it in our bug tracking system for further investigation and resolution, the issue ID is PDFNEWNET-35996. We’ve also linked your request to this issue and you will be notified via this forum thread as soon as it is resolved.

Please feel free to contact us for any further assistance.

Best Regards,

Hi

Could you please provide an update as to the progress of this issue? It has been more than 18 months since I originally raised it.

Thanks
Chris Fairall.

Hi Chris,

Thanks for your patience.

I am afraid the earlier reported issue is not yet resolved as the team has been fixing previously reported high priority problems. Nevertheless, I have requested the development
team to share any possible ETA. As soon as I have some updates regarding its
resolution, I would be more than happy to update you with the status of
correction. Please be patient and spare us little time.

We are sorry for this delay and inconvenience.

Hi Chris,

Thanks for your patience.

The development team has further investigated the issue reported earlier and as per our current estimates, we plan to get this issue resolved in Aspose.Pdf for .NET 10.7. 0, which is planned to release in August-2015. Please be patient and wait for the resolution.