Printing from Trays

Hi,

We have a problem with printing from Aspose, not picking up the correct Paper Trays on the printer.

The problem, code Steps in the PrintFileWithAsposeClick function:

1. We have a word document, with Paper Trays defined. (TestTrays.docx)

2. Create an Aspose Document object reading in the word document.

3. Create a PrintDocument object.

4. Print the document, however the Paper Trays are not observed

5. If we try and set the Paper Source (line commented out), then the Paper Trays are still not observed.

However if we create a new document and set the Paper Source, the Paper Tray is observed when printed. I have made other failed attempts at Printing to different Paper Trays with Aspose by attempting to set the Paper Source in a PrintPage event handler.

Our requirements are to be able to print word documents via multiple paper trays (as specified within the word documents). Please advise the best course of action.

Included is the software for our test program.

Thanks,

Doug

Hi Doug,

Thanks for your request. I logged your request to our defect database. We will check the issue and provide you more information.

Also, please try using the latest version of Aspose.Words. You can download it from here:
https://downloads.aspose.com/words/net

Best regards.

Hey Doug - not sure if you’re still following this or not, but we had the exact same problem. Documents came into our software for printing, and different pages were setup to go to different trays on a printer. We could never get Aspose to work to the right tray (although the 8.2.0 release fixes the exception where it cannot convert 260, where 260 is the ID of the custom tray).

Check out this link:
https://forum.aspose.com/t/81962

As a workaround, we manually do the print. This only works when the document is setup so that each page goes to a designated tray. We’ve currently got this final beta testing and it all looks good so far.
Hope this helps, took me ages to figure this out! (with help from Aspose with a sample they provided)

Yes, I have been following your posts. I’m planning to check out your rendering method when I finish my current project.

Many thanks for you efforts in this area - I’d pretty much given up. Fortunately, my customer bought Fuji Xerox printers and their drivers support the “standard” bins.

My next project in this area wants to use HP printers and more bins, so I’m looking forward to trying your code.

Thanks again,

Doug

The issues you have found earlier (filed as 11689) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.