Problems with pictures generation

Hello,

I just receive the licence of aspose slide.

I have some differences between powerpoint documents (.pptx) and
theirs generated pictures.

I give you 2 examples.

- In the first one, vertical texts are horizontal (slide_1).

- And in the second one, the text “PQR” on the top right corner is not exactly in the same place in the generated picture and in the powerpoint document (slide_2).

For information, the pictures are generated with the method
“SlideEx.getThumbnail(height, width)”.

And all the code :

List coverList = new ArrayList();
PresentationEx presentation = new PresentationEx(documentStream);

SlideEx slide;
for(int i = 0 ; i < presentation.getSlides().size() ; i++) {
slide = presentation.getSlides().get(i);
BufferedImage img = slide.getThumbnail(height, width);
coverList.add(img);
}
return coverList;

Best regards,

Hi
Bertrand,

Thanks for considering Aspose.Slides.

I have worked with the presentation files shared by you and have been able to observe the issue in generated thumbnails. An issue with ID SLIDESJAVA-33120 has been created to resolve the vertical text rendering issue. A separate issue with ID SLIDESJAVA-33121 has been created to resolve the improper text rendering issue on slide 1. This thread has been linked with these issues so that you may be automatically notified once the issues will be resolved.

We are sorry for your inconvenience,

Hi,

Thanks for your fast reply.

I found 3 another bugs about generated picture from powerpoint document (pptx).

- In the slide “test1”, a black rectangle appears behind the graph in the generated picture.

- In the slide “test2”, using the method SlideEx.getThumbnail(0.8f, 0.8f) with parameters different from (1f, 1f), the text of the slide does not seem to be resized.

- The third bug is also on the slide “test2”. The icons on the left are in blue in the powerpoint, but they are in color in the generated picture. This bug is independant of the entered parameters of getThumbnail.

Best regards

Hi Betrand,

I have worked with the presentation files shared by you and have been able to observe the black color rendering as image background in test1.pptx. An issue with ID SLIDESJAVA-33123 has been created in our issue tracking system to further investigate and resolve the issue. However, I have not observed any issue while rendering test2.pptx with 0.8 scale factor using Aspose.Slides for Java 2.8.0 hotfix. For your kind reference, I have shared the generated image and Jar files used. Please use the shared Jar files in your application.

Many Thanks,

Hi,

Thanks for your fast reply again.

The update of the libriaries jai-core, jai_codec and aspose 2.8 resolves some bugs in my application. Thanks.

The resize of the generated picture size works.
The typo of “PQR” on the first slide of this topic works. The issue SLIDESJAVA-33121 may be resolved ?

The following issue is yet to resolve :
- SLIDESJAVA-33120 for the vertical text.
- SLIDESJAVA-33123 for the block box behind the graph.

Best regards.

Hi Betrand,

We are investigating the issues shared by you and will share the further information with you as soon as the issues will be resolved.

Many Thanks,

Hello,

Have you found a solution for the last 2 issues ?

Best regards

Hi Betrand,

I regret to share that the issue shared have not been scheduled and resolved. Actually, we are going for major product modification in Aspose.Slides for Java by porting Aspose.Slides for .NET features in Aspose.Slides for Java. As soon as some progress is made in regard to your issues, I will be obliged to share that with you. Please also visit this blog announcement for your further kind reference.

We are sorry for your inconvenience,

The issues you have found earlier (filed as SLIDESJAVA-33123;SLIDESJAVA-33121) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by Aspose Notifier.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as SLIDESJAVA-33120) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by Aspose Notifier.