No ppt export option in browser

Hi ,

I have installed SQL Server 2008 R2 and aspose.slides.reporting.server v4 in windows server 2008.

Now I can see ppt export option in visual basic but I can,t see them in the browser.

I have attached two snapshots.one from visual studio(1.jpg) and another from browser(2.jpg)

As you can see, only three export options are available in UI while in visual basic all the export options are highlighting.

Can you please tell me the solution to solve this problem.

Mranal

Hi Mranal,

Thanks for your interest in Aspose.Slides.

I would recommend you to please try installing Aspose.Slides for Reporting Services 4.0 using manual options shared here. Please share, if I may help you further.

Many Thanks,

Hi,

I have download the zip file and follow the manual process.

I had copied the file Aspose.Slides.ReportingServices.dll in bin folder and edit both the file rsreportserver.config and rssrvpolicy.config .

But now I can’t see ppt export option in both browser and visual studio.

Both the config file has attached.I have changed the exension of both config file to txt for upload them.

Mranal

Hi Mranal,

I have observed the xml files shared by you and they seem OK. For Visual Studio integration, you may need to update the “RSReportDesigner.config” file as well along with “RSPreviewPolicy.config” file. Please visit this link for Visual Studio integration with Aspose.Slides for Reporting Services. For, Report Server integration, the xml file shared is also fine. Can you please share details about your windows environment and report server as well. For your reference, I have shared my config files for both Visual Studio and Report Server. Please observe them and try using part of them in your configuration files and share the feedback with us.

Many Thanks,

Hi,

I have tried all of the above steps SQL Server 2008 R2 express edition.

But after follow the same steps with SQL Server 2008 R2 evaluation version, I can see ppt export option in browser.

May be we need different version of aspose.slides for SQL Server 2008 R2 express edition or if there is another way to show ppt export option in browser, please tell me.

Steps you had told me to edit config file of visual studio,need not to follow. both the files already has required line written and the aspose dll also available there

Problem is not with visual studio.Visual studio working fine and showing all the exports options.

Problem is with reporting services where no ppt export option displaying on browser.

Thanks
Mranal

Hi Mranal,

I have created the same environment as shared by you and have failed to obtain the Aspose.Slides export options in SQL Server 2008 R2 Express Edition report server. An issue with ID 32929 has been created in our issue tracking system to further investigate and resolve the issue. This thread has been linked with the issue so that you may be automatically notified once the issue is resolved.

We are sorry for your inconvenience,

Hi Mranal,

We have investigated the issue on our end and like to share that the issue logged is infact not a bug. Aspose.Slides use Custom Rendering Extension
to enable export to PPT/PPTX in SSRS. Unfortunately, extensions are not
supported in SqlExpress. You can read more about restrictions in
Reporting Services in Sql Express here. Therefore, Aspose.Slides is not workable with SQL Server express edition.

Please share, if I may help you further in this regard.

Many Thanks,