Tables not retrieved

hi,

I have tables created using the draw table feature in MS office2007 (pptx). Added formatting to cells and saved in 97-2003 format (.doc). This document is opened by aspose.slides; but no table is retrieved. Could you please help?
Regards,
Sheeba

Hi Sheeba,

It will be really appreciable if you may please share the sample presentation that contains the table inside it and the code snippet that you are trying to access that table with us. I will further investigate the issue and will try my best to help you out.

Thanks and Regards,

hi mudassir,
the ppt is attached.
psuedo code here:
open ppt file
iterate slides
iterate shapes in each slide
if shape is type of Table
//my business logic goes here. but not getting in to this condition.

regards
sheeba

Hi Sheeba,

I have worked with the presentation file shared by you and it seems to be an issue with Aspose.Slides while recognizing table inside presentation. An issue with ID 30909 has been created in our issue tracking system to further investigate and resolve the issue. This thread has been linked with the issue so that you may be automatically notified once the issue is resolved.

Moreover, I have created the presentation using PowerPoint 2007 and saved that as PPT. The table is correctly read for me. For your kind reference, I have shared my sample presentation. Can you please try this on your end and also try generating the new template presentation. If the issue still persists then please share the PowerPoint version and Operating System details with us.

We are sorry for your inconvenience,

hi Mudassir,

These kind of tables works fine. I have problems with the formatted tables only.
Apply formats to the table in 2007 and save as 2003. Then you can see the problem.

regards,
Seeba

Hi Sheeba,

Thanks for sharing further information with us. Our development team will further investigate the issue and will share the information when the issue will be resolved.

Hi Seeba,

Our development team has investigated the issue shared. We have checked this presentation and it looks like PP2007 saved a table as picture (saving original table within shape properties using XML format). This is not some kind of bug, PP2003 reads this table as picture too. Aspose.Slides (old API) will never support this, may be Aspose.Slides.Pptx will support reading such “roundtrip” information later, but not in the near future.