Chart does not update if you change data

If you manually edit data (by selecting the "Edit Data..." command) in PowerPoint the chart does not update to show the new value.

To reproduce:

1. Open attached document created with Aspose.Slides
2. Select the "Edit Data..." command
3. Change a value

Expected result: chart updates to show the new value.
Actual result: no change.

Thanks for your help.
Shaun

Hi Shaun,

Thanks for your interest in Aspose.Slides.

I
have tested the scenario and I am able to reproduce the same problem.
For the sake of correction, I
have logged it in our issue tracking system as SLIDESNET-30529. Our
team will look into this issue and you will be updated via this forum
thread once it is resolved.

We apologize for your inconvenience.

I need a fix for this issue.

I took a look inside the generated PPTX file. It looks to me like you’re generating incorrect syntax to reference the data.

Here is what is in the file for the XValues of a scatter chart:
=Sheet1!$A$2;Sheet1!$A$3;Sheet1!$A$4;Sheet1!$A$5;Sheet1!$A$6;Sheet1!$A$7;Sheet1!$A$8

This is wrong. The correct syntax should be:
=(Sheet1!$A$2,Sheet1!$A$3,Sheet1!$A$4,Sheet1!$A$5,Sheet1!$A$6,Sheet1!$A$7,Sheet1!$A$8)

This is likely why no relationship exists between the chart and the worksheet.

Any update on when a fix may be available would be appreciated.

Shaun

Hi Shaun,

I regret to share with you that this issue is not resolved yet. However, I have asked for ETA from our development team. As soon as, any information is shared by them, I will be happy to share that with you.

We are sorry for the inconvenience.

I’d like an update on the ETA please.

Hi Shaun,

I like to share that the chart updation issue while updating chart in PowerPoint has been resolved in Aspose.Slides for .NET 5.7.0. We will share the information with you once any hotfix is planed or official release is rolled out. Aspose.Slides for .NET is scheduled to be released in January 2012.

Many Thanks,

The issues you have found earlier (filed as 31612) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as SLIDESNET-31612) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by Aspose Notifier.
(2)

The issues you have found earlier (filed as SLIDESNET-30529) have been fixed in this update.