Saving Tray info in PDF

Hi,

Does the Tray selection info get retained when converting a docx to a pdf? I’d like the pdf to know to print the first page on letterhead if possible.

Thanks,

Doug

Hi Doug,

Thanks for your inquiry. It seems such information cannot be stored in PDF document. In Adobe Acrobat Reader, you cannot also select different trays for first and other pages, you can only select paper source for the whole document only.

Best regards.

I had been using Adobe Professional which has lots of control over the page printing. Realise now it requires 3rd party software to do it.

Thanks for your help.

Doug

Had another thought: If I add custom properties to the pdf to say which tray to print the first page, am I able to read the pdf later with a different program and use these properties to determine where to print?
Any other thoughts?

Hi Doug,

Thanks for your inquiry. Do you store your PDF documents in database? If so, you can store information about paper trays in the same database.

Also, maybe, you can print documents using Aspose.Words, without converting them to PDF. Aspose.Words supports paper trays upon printing.

Best regards.

Hi Alexey,

I think we’ll be able to print the original correctly with Aspose.Words, as you say, but the pdf is being stored in an imaging system that is out of my juristiction. I was hoping the pdf could be retrieved by the user and printed as per the original.
This may not be a big issue if it is happening on an exception basis. I’ll raise the possibility of storing the tray info as part of the other data in the imaging database.

Thanks for the suggestion,

Doug

The issues you have found earlier (filed as WORDSNET-5690) have been fixed in this .NET update and this Java update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.