Final PDF Size Is Too Large

Hi,

I'm evaluating the ASPOSE.SLIDES component among others to decide which one to purchase. I have encountered some issues and I'd like to know if there's a solution or workaround for them.

When I tried to convert a simple PPTX to PDF the final PDF file size is too big. In my tests, a 2.925 KB PPTX file became a 21.228 KB PDF. Almost 10 times bigger. I tried to mix and match some of the PdfOptions options but the final file size hasn't changed much. Some other components I have evaluated could generate files much smaller (812 KB with USEOFFICE and 1.925 KB with ABCPDF). The converting time using ASPOSE components is much more longer than the other components too (4:32 for ASPOSE against 0:10 for USEOFFICE and 0:21 for ABCPDF).

Is there any configurations to improve these results?

Thanks

Hi Enerton,

Thanks for your interest in Aspose.Slides.

The Aspose.Slides export images from presentation to PDF with the same quality as it is stored in PPT/PPTX files. PowerPoint optimizes images to make it smaller and reduce quality. So for presentations with many images, the size of generated PDF file is almost the same as source presentation. The presentations with text are usually converted to PDF with a smaller size because there is zip compression used in PDF. Hope it answers your query.

Please let us know if you have any more queries.

Hi,

the problem is my presentation only has texts and a few PowerPoint elements (forms and animations) and even so, the final PDF is 10 times bigger than the original presentation.

If I save the same presentation as PDF using the PowerPoint, the final PDF is half of the size of the original presentation.

Is there any solution to this issue? I'm counting on this to make the purchase of the component.

Thanks,

Hi Enerton,

It would be great, if you can provide us your presentation file for investigation purpose.

The presentation is attached and below the code I'm using to convert it.

var presentation = new PresentationEx(fileName);

presentation.Save(fileName + ".pdf", Aspose.Slides.Export.SaveFormat.Pdf);

Hi Enerton,

I have tested the issue shared by you and I am able to reproduce the same problem. An issue with ID
SLIDESNET-14126 already
exists in our issue tracking system. This thread has also been linked
with the same issue, so that you may be automatically notified, once
the issue is resolved

We apologize for your inconvenience.