Pivot tables are not auto fitting rows to display word wrapped contents correctly

Hi,

We found an issue with calling AutoFitRows() method of Worksheets when the worksheet contains a pivot table. Pivot tables with “Wrap Text” setting ON that has contents that are in multiple lines in the input xlsx file does not get enough height to display all of the contents. The last line of the cells are chopped (bottom half is missing). The more lines there are in the wrapped pivot cells results in a bigger chop.

Note that this issue seems to be only with Pivot Tables; Auto fitting rows in other cells including regular ListObjects gives enough height to display it’s data.

I have attached a small project to demonstrate the issue. The project code will open an input file, refresh formulas, refresh pivot tables, call AutoFitRows() in all worksheets, and finally re-saves the input file as “generated file.pdf and “generated file.xlsx”.

I have attached an input file “Input file with wrapped text pivot table.xlsx” for you to use.

If you look at the output PDF file, you can see that the “Content” column cells of the pivot table are too short resulting in text being cut off.

Screenshot below highlights the issue:

Hi,

Thanks for your posting and using Aspose.Cells for .NET.

We were able to observe this issue using your source file and sample project.In the output pdf, the “Content” column cells of the pivot table are too short resulting in text being cut off. We have logged this issue in our database. We will look into it and resolve this issue. Once, the issue is resolved or we have some other update for you, we will let you know asap.

This issue has been logged as CELLSNET-42006.

We have also attached the generated xlsx and pdf files for a reference.

Hi,

Just checking, but could someone be able to tell me if there has been any progress in resolving this issue please? Just looking to see the time scale for when this might be fixed.

Thank you.

Hi Sandie-Roy,

I have checked the status of your issue “CELLSNET-42006” into our database, I am afraid, your issue is still open. However, I have logged your comments and asked the relevant developer to update on it or share an eta (if possible).

Once we have any update on it, we will let you know here.

Thanks for your understanding!

Hi,

We have been using Aspose.Cells 7.5.3.4 when we found that the issue looked fixed; the pivot table rows were auto sizing correctly, giving enough space for wrapped text to be displayed.

Does anyone know how this could have been possible? i.e. was this issue partially fixed?

Thank you.

Hi,

Thanks for your feedback and using Aspose.Cells.

We have checked your issue with the latest version and found that it is fixed. It seems the issue status is not updated in a database. We have attached the output files for your reference. If you face any issue, please feel free to let us know.

That’s good news.
Thank you very much for double checking.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as CELLSNET-42006) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by Aspose Notifier.