Does working with PPTX always require Aspose.Metafiles?

If we want to manipulate PPTX files with Aspose.Slides for Java, is it always mandatory to
also have Aspose.Metafiles present?

Currently following snippet

PresentationEx dest = new PresentationEx();

throws “java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: com.aspose.metafiles.MetafilesException” if Aspose.Metafiles is not in classpath.

Dear Juuso,

Aspose.Slides for Java does depends on Aspose.Metafiles for Java, if the slides have meatafile contents inside it. You are very right that in earlier version of Aspose.Slides for Java, even creating an empty presentation raised exception in absence of Aspose.Slides for Metafiles reference in project code. But this issue has been rectified in the latest release of Aspose.Slides for Java 2.4.0, which is available for download here.

Thanks and Regards,

Thank you for quick response. However, I am still experiencing the same issue with version 2.4.0 of Aspose.Slides for Java. Neither is issue mentioned on release notes of 2.4.0.

Dear Juuso,

I am greatly sorry for your inconvenience. The issue of referencing Aspose.Metafiles for Java in project code even if it is not used has already been added in our issue tracking system with Issue ID 18294. This issue is still under investigation and I have associated this thread with the same issue, so that you may be automatically notified, once the issue is resolved. Once again, I feel really sorry for misunderstanding.

Thanks and Regards,

I see that this issue is a few months stale, although I’ve just run into this issue myself using the latest downloads (which is still 2.4.0). Is there any way to know when this will be resolved?

Dear Juuso,

I like to share that the dependency of Aspose.Slides for Java on Aspose.Metafiles for Java has been resolved. Please try using Aspose.Slides for Java 2.4.3 which can be downloaded from here. Now, Aspose.Slides for Java will only need Aspose.Metafiles for Java in your application, if it contains EMF or WMF metafiles contents inside presentation. For reference, please follow this documentation link for Aspose.Slides for Java dependency on Aspose.Metafiles for Java.

Thanks and Regards,

Mudassir, thank you for the reply. Unfortunately this gives me a different set of problems: with 2.4.3, I’m having a hard time creating a PresentationEx from an input file, either using a FileInputStream or supplying a file path. I didn’t have this problem in 2.4.0. I’ll create a separate thread for this issue.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as 18294) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.
(8)