Re: Got error when exporting my report to any of the formats Aspose.slides provides

Hello,

I downloaded the version 3.6.0 version and tried. I got an error. Please see the attached file.

Server Error in '/Reports' Application.

Unable to cast object of type 'Microsoft.ReportingServices.Rendering.RPLProcessing.RPLImageData' to type 'pzd'.

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: Microsoft.Reporting.WebForms.ReportServerException: Unable to cast object of type 'Microsoft.ReportingServices.Rendering.RPLProcessing.RPLImageData' to type 'pzd'.

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace:

[ReportServerException: Unable to cast object of type 'Microsoft.ReportingServices.Rendering.RPLProcessing.RPLImageData' to type 'pzd'.]

[ReportServerException: An error occurred during rendering of the report.]

[ReportServerException: An error occurred during rendering of the report. (rrRenderingError)]
Microsoft.Reporting.WebForms.ServerReport.ServerUrlRequest(Boolean isAbortable, String url, Stream outputStream, String& mimeType, String& fileNameExtension) +1034
Microsoft.Reporting.WebForms.ServerReport.InternalRender(Boolean isAbortable, String format, String deviceInfo, NameValueCollection urlAccessParameters, Stream reportStream, String& mimeType, String& fileNameExtension) +1329
Microsoft.Reporting.WebForms.ServerModeSession.RenderReport(String format, Boolean allowInternalRenderers, String deviceInfo, NameValueCollection additionalParams, Boolean cacheSecondaryStreamsForHtml, String& mimeType, String& fileExtension) +209
Microsoft.Reporting.WebForms.ExportOperation.PerformOperation(NameValueCollection urlQuery, HttpResponse response) +219
Microsoft.Reporting.WebForms.HttpHandler.ProcessRequest(HttpContext context) +171
System.Web.CallHandlerExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute() +599
System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously) +171

Dear Hua,

I really feel sorry for the inconvenience you may be feeling. Please share the complete stack trace with us so that I may share that with our development team so that we may help you out. I appreciate your patience for all this.

Thanks and Regards,

Please see attached

Thanks

Hua

FYI - And our reports were created using ReportBuilder 3.0.

Dear Hua,

Thanks for sharing the required information. I have created a separate issue with ID 21104 in our issue tracking system to investigate your problem. The thread has been linked with the issue so that you may be automatically notified, once the issue is resolved.

We are sorry for your inconvenience,

Dear Hua,

I have discussed issue with our development team and in order to expedite the issue resolution, it will be really convenient for us if you may please share the exact installed version of the .dll installed in your machine. As It's rather possible that old version is used. You may be using Aspose.Slides for Reporting Services 3.6.2 or 3.6.3. In case if you are using the mentioned product version then please share the RDL file along with the data source in AdventureWorks, so that we may reproduce the issue on our end and resolve it. We really appreciate your cooperation in advance.

Thanks and Regards,

Hi,

I am useing 3.6.2 verson.

All sample reports for AdventureWorks are fine with aspose.slide. It is our report that does not work with your assemply. I can not give you data source for that. Our report is created by ReportBuider 3.0.

Any idea?

thanks

Hua

Dear Hua,

Its really nice to hear that AdventureWorks reports are properly exported. It will be really appreciable if you may please share the RDL file with us as our development team will reproduce the specified issue. We really wish to resolve your issue and need your cooperation in this regard.

Thanks and Regards,

We can give you the RDL, but we have trouble to give the data source. The RDL is attached, hope it is helpful.

thanks

Dear Hua,

I have tried to use the shared RDL file but unable to export the report due to data source issue. Can you please share the RDL file using AdventureWorks database as data source for us. This way we will be able to export the reports and can identify the issue.

Thanks and Regards,

The issues you have found earlier (filed as 21104) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.