Aspose & ColdFusion

Hello -

We are in need of a way to create Word, Excel & PowerPoint documents from a variety of data sources located on our company intranet (ColdFusion based). Our current method of automation is using Office VBA macros, which isn’t very stable.

Will Aspose’s products integrate well with our Coldfusion server, and has this been done in the past?

Thanks for your help -

Mike

Hi

Thanks for your request. Yes, of course you can integrate Aspose.Words with ColdFusion. In the following thread, I provided the example that shows how to use Aspose.Words for .NET in ColdFusion to convert ODT file to PDF.

You can also use the similar technique to integrate Aspose.Words for Java with ColdFusion. Please let me know if you need more assistance, I will be glad to help you.

Best regards.

Hi Mike,

I created simple article, which show basics of using Aspose.Words for Java in ColdFusion. Maybe it could be useful for you. See the attachment.

Best regards,

Hi Alexey,

Thanks for sending that over. It looked like it is also possible to do this in .NET (wanted to leverage some of the additional features). I’ve installed the trial version of ‘Total for .NET’ on our server, but haven’t had time yet to work with it. Is there a form for Coldfusion with .NET?

The first project we are going to want to port is merging of several word documents / database fields to one document. Do you have any samples?

Thanks for your help!

Mike

Hi Mike,

Thanks for your request. I created simple examples also using .NET version of Aspose.Words. See the attached document.

However, note, for some reason ColdFusion does not like how Aspose.Words.dll is obfuscated and some classes cannot be created in ColdFusion. For example DocumentBuilder.

Hope this could be useful for you.

Best regards

Hi Alex,

We’ve went ahead with our purchase of Aspose for Java, and now I’m looking for some help getting off the ground. My first task is to automate some functions using Aspose Cells (such as combining worksheets into a template). I also could use a primer for setting the license in my .cfm doc.

If you have anything similar to the .doc examples, that would be great.

Thanks for your help -

Mike

Hi Mike,

Thanks for your inquiry. You should ask this question in Aspose.Cells forum. My colleagues will answer you shortly.

But, I think, the technique is the same.

Best regards.