Webgrid - not all worksheet properties are preserved

Hi,

I’ve noticed that when passing a Excel file trough WebGrid some properties are not preserved.

Just by doing
gwInline.WebWorksheets.ImportExcelFile(stream);
gwInline.WebWorksheets.SaveToExcelFile(stream);
…I’m loosing properties highlited in two printscrrens below, and some not highlited ones like all the margin dimensions.

The first picture is without webgrid influence and the second is with the excel imported and then exported from WebGrid.

Thanks.

Hi,

Thanks for sharing the screen shots and some details.

Could you attach your template Excel file here, we will conduct the investigation to sort out your issue. Preferably you may also attach a web application, zip it and post it here to trace the issue. We will check your issue soon.

Thank you.

Hi,

I’ve made an simple application with a WebGrid and two buttons.
First button downloads the original XLS file (loaded from disk).
Second button downloads the XLS file from GridWeb.
(I’m using Office 2007)

The differences between the two files are obvious in print preview:

- the original XLS has all the columns in one page but the new one has them one or two columns in one page; this differences can be seen in Excel in “Page Layout > Scale to fit > Page Setup” Width/Height doesn’t match, Portrait/Landscape doesn’t match, Scale mode doesn’t match. All these options should match one by one.

- as a consequence of the above, the page breaks doesn’t match at all.

- the original XLS has has a header that doesn’t apear in the XLS outputed from WebGrid.

I want the outputed xml from WebGrid to be as similar as possible to the original one. At least it shoudn’t lack features and miss page setup options.
I think the orblems are easy to localize and solve now.
Thanks.

Hi,

Thank for the sample project.

After an initial test, I can notice the issue and generated / get two files after running your project and clicking on the two buttons. The file “XLSFromGridWeb.xls” is not matched to its original file regarding PageSetup properties.

I have logged a ticket with an id “CELLSNET-41564” for your issue. We will look into your issue soon. Once we have any update on it or we sort your issue out, we will let you know here.

Thank you.

Hi,

We have fixed your issue and hopefully we can provide you the fix on Monday/Tuesday (next week) after some more tests.

Thank you.

Hi,

Thank you very much.

Hi,

Could you try the attached fix/version: Aspose.Cells.GridWeb v2.7.17.2003 it should fix the issue.

Let us know your feedback.

Thank you

The issues you have found earlier (filed as CELLSNET-41564) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by Aspose Notifier.