Aspose Slides for Java: Character encoding issue

Hi,

I’m working on MacOSX (a UNIX, if one doesn’t know) with aspose.java.

Setting specific Document Properties produces strange results, that I have no idea for how to deal with.

presentation.getDocumentProperties().setCompany(“XX”); always raises an exception:

Exception in thread “main” java.lang.ClassCastException: com.aspose.slides.obfuscated.tu cannot be cast to java.lang.Comparable

at java.util.TreeMap.put(TreeMap.java:542)

at com.aspose.slides.DocumentProperties.setCompany(SourceFile:425)

at com.oracle.ondemand.crm.helper.impl.TemplateCache.loadTemplateForName(TemplateCache.java:41)

at com.oracle.ondemand.crm.helper.impl.ReportGenerator.loadTemplateForName(ReportGenerator.java:62)

What’s this?

Setting the title and other properties switches mysteriously the Charset or messes up somehow. I get asian characters from basic latin fixed Strings.

template.getDocumentProperties().setTitle(template.getDocumentProperties().getTitle());

Custom props with set() take the value and keep it readable, but the key is destroyed as well.

Setting names of shapes do work, though.

Any idea, how to figure out, if there is something general to consider with plain String to Aspos-internal conversion?

Hi,

An issue with issue id 12078 has been created to investigate the issues raised by you and you will be informed as soon as there is progress on these issues.

Hi, please invest in solving that issue, since there is no workaround.

oraclede:
Hi, please invest in solving that issue, since there is no workaround.

Hi, somebody watching this?
Since there is no other means of support, I'd expect, that this is handled appropriately within the forum.

Hi Oraclede,

Our product development team is working on it and after fixing the issue, an intermediate version can be provided to you in next few hours.

Hi,

As per commitment, our development team lead has provided the intermediate version with the fix of the issue as identified by you. The said version is attached with this post.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as 12078) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.