Issue with PPT to PDF conversion- text becomes Too Bold

When converting certain documents the text becomes blurry and seems to be bolded too much. I believe that it may be substituting fonts.

Hi,

This issue is under investigation.

Just wondering - is it possible this is because of Font substitution happening during conversion?

Hello,

Yes, font substitution is possible. I have tested this presentation and in my case text replaced with Arial because there is no such font installed. Most probably you have similar problem.

Is there a known solution or workaround? I did see some instructions here, but they seemed to suggest you have to ‘embed’ a font during conversion programmatically. In our case we won’t always know what the font will be.

Hello,

Aspose.Slides can read fonts embedded to a presentation so that is not a solution. If you need exact conversion then font should be installed on the computer where you convert presentations. Otherwise font will be substituted. Actually, that is not so bad and MS PowerPoint do the same.

Actually when I do the conversion to pdf right in MS Powerpoint the conversion is fine without the proper font installed on the system. So there is a difference between Aspose.Slides and Powerpoint itself.

The problem currently under investigation so most probably the quality of such text will be improved. We will keep you posted about results.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as 10437) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.

Great thanks I’ll check it out and report back.