Unexpected bold and italic effect applied on portion (4681)

Hi,

I came across a huge problem with the latest Aspose.Slides for Java 16.6.0.

I have a simple .ppt presentation with one paragraph of text. I created new portion with some text and set it’s bold and italic attributes to false. I then cleared all the portions from the mentioned paragraph and added newly created portion. When I saved the presentation and opened it in PowerPoint, my newly added portion’s text appeared as both bold and italic.

This happened for almost every .ppt file, but not .pptx.

Here’s the code I use:

String presentationPath = “SimplePptFile.ppt”;

InputStream inputStream = new FileInputStream(presentationPath);

Presentation presentation = new Presentation(inputStream);

inputStream.close();

ISlide slide = presentation.getSlides().get_Item(0);

IAutoShape shape = (IAutoShape) slide.getShapes().get_Item(0);

IParagraph paragraph = shape.getTextFrame().getParagraphs().get_Item(0);

IPortionCollection portions = paragraph.getPortions();
portions.clear();
IPortion portion = new Portion(“New Portion”);
IPortionFormat portionFormat = portion.getPortionFormat();
portionFormat.setFontBold(NullableBool.False);
portionFormat.setFontItalic(NullableBool.False);

portions.add(portion);

presentation.save(“SimplePptFile-aspose.ppt”, SaveFormat.Ppt);

Can you check this?

Thanks,
Zeljko
Hi Zeljko ,

I have worked with the presentation shared by you and have been able to observe the issue. A ticket with ID SLIDESJAVA-35563 has been added in our issue tracking system to resolve the issue. This thread has been associated with the ticket so that we share notification with you once issue will be fixed. For the time being if you please comment bold and italic property code then everything will work fine according to your need.

We are sorry for your inconvenience,

Adnan.Ahmad:
For the time being if you please comment bold and italic property code then everything will work fine according to your need.

Hi Muhammad,

I understand it will work fine if I delete or comment these two lines of code, but it's just for this case. If I already have the text with bold and italic effect and try to disable these effects, it won't work.

Everything worked fine until the latest release of Aspose.Slides for Java. I hope it will be fixed soon.

Thanks,
Zeljko

Hi Zeljko,

I have observed your comments issue is logged in our issue tracking system we will share notification once issue will be fixed.

Hi Muhammad,

Do you have any information if the fix for this issue is planned in next release of Aspose.Slides for Java?

Regards,
Zeljko

Hi Zeljko,

I like to mention that the issue has just recently been created in our issue tracking. The issue is at the moment blocked owing to missing implementation in Aspose.Slides for .NET. So, the issue will first be resolved in Aspose.Slides for .NET and will then be ported to Aspose.Slides for Java. I request you to please be patient and we will share good news with you as soon as issue will be fixed.

Best Regards,

Hi Muhammad!

Is there a ticket for the .NET bug? Is is possible to add me for a notification when the fix for .NET is released?

Thank you
				<span id="ctl00_bcr_up___TextboxFirstName">Hi Lars Ivar,<br><br>I like to share that Aspose.Slides for .NET and Java are released at the same time with one day difference. We have created an internal ticket for resolution of the mentioned issue in Aspose.Slides for .NET with ID <b>SLIDESNET-37668</b>. I have linked this thread with the .NET issue as well so that you may also receive the notification as soon as the issue will be resolved.<br><br>I also like to add further that since you have made a query in this thread, you will be receiving email notification as well whenever the response will be shared in this thread.<br><br>Many Thanks,<br><br></span>

Hi,

Any new information about this issue?

Thanks,
Zeljko

Hi Zeljko,

I have observed your comments and like to share that the issue is likely to get resolved in Aspose.Slides 16.9.0. We will share the good news with you as soon as the issue will be fixed.

Many Thanks,

The issues you have found earlier (filed as SLIDESNET-37668) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by Aspose Notifier.

Hi,

I can see this issue has been fixed for .NET. What’s the status of SLIDESJAVA-35563 ticket?

Thanks,
Zeljko

Hi Zeljko,

I have observed your comments and regret to share that at present the issue is still unresolved. Actually, the issue is blocked owing to missing implementation in Aspose.Slides for .NET. So, it is going to get resolved in Aspose.Slides for .NET first and then in Aspose.Slides for Java subsequently. The issue involves complex implementation and I have also requested our product team to share further feedback regarding the issue.
I request for your patience till the time further feedback is shared by our product team and issue gets resolved.

Hi Muhammad,

Thanks for the answer.

But what about this Aspose Notifier’s post which claims it’s fixed in Aspose.Slides for .NET 16.10.0? Is it posted by mistake?

Regards,
Zeljko

Hi Zeljko,

I have discussed this issue with product team. Actually It is solved, But there are some formal questions, which not allows us to close this issue. I request you to please check this issue on your side at present, If everything is alright then we can close the issue.

Best Regards,

Hi Muhammad,

I have done some testing with small number of .ppt files and couldn’t reproduce the issue. It looks like it’s solved, but I don’t want to rely just on my tests. I would like to have a confirmation from your side if it’s fixed.

Thanks,
Zeljko

Hi Zeljko,

I have observed your comments. I like to share that we will close issue in this week and then we can confirm to you.

Best Regards,

Hi Muhammad,

Can we consider this issue closed as fixed?

Thanks,
Zeljko

Hi Zeljko,

I have observed your comments and regret to share that at present the issue is still unresolved. The issue is going to be resolved tentatively in Aspose.Slides 16.11.0. I request for your patience till the time further feedback is shared by our product team and issue gets resolved.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as SLIDESJAVA-35563) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by Aspose Notifier.