PDF to PDF/A conversion - Java product

Hi There,

I am planning to convert PDF to PDF/A - do you have any example of code how i can do this?
I have Java total product suite so i can use any product - please do let me know which product i can use to achieve this.

Regards
Srini

Hello Srini,

Thanks for using our products.

We have a product named Aspose.Pdf.Kit for Java which provides the capabilities to manipulate/edit existing PDF documents. But I am afraid currently it does not support the feature to convert PDF file to PDF/A format. However we already have logged this requirement as PDFKITJAVA-28640 in our issue tracking system. Our development team is already working hard to implement this feature and as soon as we have made significant progress towards the implementation of this feature, we would be more than happy to update you with the status of correction. Please be patient and spare us little time. We apologize for your inconvenience.

FYI, Please note that currently Aspose.Pdf for .NET provides the supports the feature to convert PDF file to PDF/A format. For more information, please visit Convert PDF File to PDF/A

Hi Nayyer,

Do you have the most recent status of the requirement which is logged as PDFKITJAVA-28640 for me? I’m very curious if Aspose made any progress since your last reply on this topic. We have seen that the Aspose.PDF for .NET can convert PDF files to PDF/A but we want to create a solution based on Java. Without the possibility to convert PDF tot PDF/A with the Aspose for Java, we are not able to meet the environment requirements.

With kind regards,

Brian

Hi Brian,

Thanks for using our products.

Our development team is working hard on support the feature of converting PDF files to PDF/A in Aspose.Pdf.Kit for Java but I am afraid this feature is not yet fully supported. Nevertheless, I have requested the development team to share the ETA regarding its implementation. As soon as I have some updates, I will let you know.

Please be patient and spare us little time. We are sorry for this inconvenience.

Hi Brian,

Thanks for your patience.

I have further discussed the resolution of PDFKITJAVA-28640 and I am afraid we might not be able to support this feature in current release version of Aspose.Pdf.Kit for Java. Currently we are only resolving Priority issues in Aspose.Pdf.Kit for Java and we do not plan to introduce any new features in this product. However we are planning to roll out a Merged release version of Aspose.Pdf for Java and Aspose.Pdf.Kit for Java which will include all the features of both products.

Please be notified that we have a venture named CodePorting which provides the capability to convert .NET code to Java platform and we are in the process of porting the current Aspose.Pdf for .NET code base to Java format to introduce a merged version of Aspose.Pdf for Java. Please note that the current version of Aspose.Pdf for .NET supports the feature to convert PDF file to PDF/A format and once the new version of Aspose.Pdf for Java will become available, it will support the feature of converting PDF files to PDF/A. Nevertheless, the current plan to release merged version of Aspose.Pdf for Java is planned for November-2012.

As soon as we have some updates, we would be more than happy to update you with the status of correction. Please be patient and spare us little time. We are sorry for your inconvenience.

Hello,

I’d like to ask if the feature is already supported?
Can you please provide some sample code for conversion PDF -> PDFA?

Thanks in advance.

Hi Lyuben,

Thanks for contacting support and sorry for the delayed response.

As mentioned earlier in this thread, PDF to PDF/A conversion is currently not support in Aspose.Pdf for Java. However Aspose.Pdf for .NET supports the feature to convert PDF files to PDF/A format. You may consider visiting following link for further information on Convert PDF File to PDF-A

In the event of any further query, please feel free to contact.

Hi Nayyer,

Are there any updates on the matter? Or support for the conversion is still not available under java api.
We currently came to the point we need this in our implementation. Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks,
Alex.

Hi Alex,

Thanks for contacting support.

I am glad to inform you Aspose.Pdf for Java allows you to convert a PDF file to a PDF/A compliant PDF file. Please note we follow Adobe Preflight for validating PDF/A conformance. All tools on the market have their own “representation” of PDF/A conformance. Please check this article on PDF/A validation tool for reference. We choose Adobe products for verifying how Aspose.Pdf produces PDF files because Adobe is at the center of everything connected to PDF. Please refer to Convert PDF to PDF-A format for example and more details.

If you need further assistance, please feel free to contact us.

Best Regards,