Aspose.PDF.Facades Vs Aspose.PDF.Kit

Hi Aspose,

Recently I am too confusing and frustrated between these two libraries,Aspose.PDF.Kit and Aspose.Pdf.Facades.According to aspose announcement, PDF.kit is a discontinue product. That’s why we try to migrate all pdf functions from PDF.Kit to PDF.Facades.
Both of the libraries got different issues. Please take a look on below information.
I am looking forward Aspose.pdf.Facades improvement since we cannot get support for PDF.Kit in future.Or any other alternative way to solve the issues.Kindly Advise.

File Name Aspose.PDF.Kit Aspose.PDF.Facades
No6.pdf Could not generate image.Throw Exception.
ႊNever return exception nor success.Cause the application hang.
No7.pdf missing some texts.
Ok.
No8.pdf Ok
Cut out header.
No9.pdf Ok
Alignment issue.More space in left than right side.

Thanks for your help
Regards
Amerischool

Hi Kaline,<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

Thank you for sharing the template files and details regarding your issues.

First of all, you are right in using Aspose.Pdf.Facades as Aspose.Pdf.Kit is discontinued and no fixing and support will be provided for that.

Now, regarding your reported issue, as you have not mentioned the details (or sample code) regarding how you are generating the images and in which format. So, I used Aspose.Pdf.Facades.PdfConverter to convert the PDF to JPEG for testing.

I am able to generate the issue regarding “No6.pdf” where application hangs without any exception and no result is returned. Issue has been registered in our issue tracking system with issue id: PDFNEWNET-33279 for rectification.

Also, I am able to reproduce your issue regarding missing header using “No8.pdf” and the issue is registered with issue id: PDFNEWNET-33280 for rectification.

I am unable to notice the third problem you have mentioned regarding alignment using “No9.pdf” using the latest version of Aspose.Pdf for .NET v6.7, I have attached the resultant JPG files for your reference. Could you please share your sample code and resultant image files to show the details? This will help us figure out the issue soon.

Sorry for the inconvenience,

Hi Nausherwan,

Thanks for your reply and support.
Glad Aspose can reproduce issues.For No9.pdf , actually it is not pdf not image conversion.I am trying to print.
Please see the code below anything wrong? It is related issue of

Orientation Issue in PDF file printing

I am using Aspose.Pdf 6.7 and I attached the different print out result files in this thread

Orientation Issue in PDF file printing

Aspose.Pdf.Facades.PdfViewer pdfViewerKit = new Aspose.Pdf.Facades.PdfViewer();
pdfViewerKit.OpenPdfFile(filename);
System.Drawing.Printing.PrinterSettings printerSettings = GetPrinterSettingString(printfeatures, printername, Landscape, pclsavefolder, outputfile);

pdfViewerKit.AutoResize = true;
pdfViewerKit.AutoRotate = true;
pdfViewerKit.PrintPageDialog = false;

pdfViewerKit.PrintDocumentWithSettings(printerSettings);
pdfViewerKit.ClosePdfFile();

Best Regards
Amerischool

Hi,<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

Thank you for the details.

I am able to generate the issue using the PdfViewer and “Snag It 10” printer. Again, the issue cannot be reproduced using “Adobe PDF” or “XPS” printer. I have registered the issue in our issue tracking system with issue id: PDFNEWNET-33288. You will be notified regarding any updates against the issue via this forum thread.

Sorry for the inconvenience,

Hi Nausherwan,

Thanks for your reply.Glad you can reproduce issue.I am using Fuji Xerox Multi Model Printer Driver to print. If you want to reproduce the issue you can always download from fuji xerox web site and test it.

http://www.fxap.com.sg/product/productDescription.jsp?id=147

Regards
Amerischool

Hi Kaline,

Thank you for the details regarding Printer Drivers.

I have updated the information in the issue tracking system as this will help us further look into your issue and test it.

Thank You & Best Regards,

The issues you have found earlier (filed as PDFNEWNET-33279;PDFNEWNET-33280) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.