We're sorry Aspose doesn't work properply without JavaScript enabled.

Free Support Forum - aspose.com

About shape grouping

Hi

I would like to know the status of GroupShapeEx.

I see that on this forum there are five threads concerning the issue:

The first one, from year 2007, where mudassir says: “An issue with ID 19279 has been created in our issue tracking system to look in to the possibility of providing the feature support.”
http://www.aspose.com/community/forums/155324/adding-shapes-to-a-groupshape/showthread.aspx#155324

This one, also from year 2007, which ends with msabir’s answer from year 2009: “This feature has been requested with issue id 3710. You will be informed as soon as this feature is available.”
<a href="?View=Flat

There is also an additional issue with ID 26388, concerning the trick given in the second link.

There are few ways offered to circumvent the lack of capability to add a group shape:
• Create manually in PowerPoint a group shape, add your shapes into it and delete the original shapes from inside the group shape
• Or, if you need many group shapes: create manually in PowerPoint enough of them on template slide, use what is needed, and delete the rest.
• Or use code given in the threads.

Obviously, these are tricks. Moreover, some of the tricks seem not to be available in Aspose.Slides.Pptx.

What is needed is a way to add group shapes on a slide, and then add shapes into them, even other group shapes.
Or the other way around, create a list of shape id:s or shape names (ShapeEx.Name) and pass the list to some method which creates the group shape out of them.

Could you please share with the forum the schedule of properly working group shape mechanism?

Also a way to copy/paste (or Clone) an existing shape would be nice.

BR
Olavi

Hi Olavi,

I agree with your observations and regret to share that unfortunately the support for creating group shapes is still not available. The work around that I may suggest for the time being are already highlighted by you. Moreover, the support for serialization is also unavailable in case of PPTX and it is not recommended approach as well. I have linked this thread with issue 19279 and have requested our development team to share the updates related to issue. I will share the further information with you as soon as it is shared by our development team.

Many Thanks,

The issues you have found earlier (filed as SLIDESNET-19279) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by Aspose Notifier.
(10)