AccepAllRevisions not removing all tracked changes data

If I use the AcceptAllRevisions method and save a document individually, the tracked data appears to be gone. However, if I have a document with TrackChanges turned on, and use AppendDocument to append a document that I had used AcceptAllRevisions on, some changes then show up in the final document (in pages belonging to the “clean” document).

Hopefully that makes sense. I have tried saving the “clean” document to a memory stream and reopening from the stream, just to make sure the AcceptAllRevisions has been “committed” or something, but that did not work either.

Not every change shows up, but some still do. Perhaps just the latest changes, or maybe its even the oldest changes.

Is there a way to truly remove all that data with Aspose.Words?

Hello

Thanks for your inquiry. Could you please attach your documents and code here for testing? I will check the problem on my side and provide you more information.

Best regards,

I attached the code and documents. I added edit notes, that do not display for me except when in edit mode. The notes described that while trying to provide you with the example, I discovered that the behavior does not happen exactly as my first post said. You have to have a doc that is “clean”, append a track changes doc, then append a “clean” doc. If you have a single track changes doc and append a clean doc, the behavior does not show up.

Hi

Thank you for additional information. Please try using the following code:

Document letter = new Document(@"Test150\1175testletter.doc");
if (letter.HasRevisions)
    letter.AcceptAllRevisions();
Document doc = new Document(@"Test150\1175test.doc");
Document clean = new Document(@"Test150\1175test.doc");
if (clean.HasRevisions)
    clean.AcceptAllRevisions();
letter.AppendDocument(doc, ImportFormatMode.KeepSourceFormatting);
letter.AppendDocument(clean, ImportFormatMode.KeepSourceFormatting);
letter.Save(@"Test150\out.doc");