We're sorry Aspose doesn't work properply without JavaScript enabled.

Free Support Forum - aspose.com

Access to EntryIDs (PR_ENTRYID)

I am extracting email metadata/properties and other info from within PST and MSG files. We store this in a database for ease of querying etc.

One of the most important properties we extract from each item is the EntryID (PR_ENTRYID). We use this to uniquely identify and check that we have the right item when we go back into the PST later to locate the original item.

I get the EntryID for most items from the MessageInfo before getting the MapiMessage.

The problem is that I can find no way to get the EntryID of embedded email attachments. That is, attachments with MapiPropertyTag.PR_ATTACH_METHOD = = 5. Is there any way to get this EntryID?

Ideally the PR_ENTRYID would be available in the MapiMessage Properties.

Note: Similar themes were discussed in thread 224724.

After further investigating I am starting to suspect that embedded email messages do not have EntryIDs. So the question/request above may be invalid. My apologies.

Thanks.

Hi Phil,

Please accept my apology for replying late.

Yes, you are right. As discussed here, the PR_ENTRYID property can be obtained when the message is present in its container (Mailbox). As soon as it is moved out of the container, this property is stripped off. Same is the case with embedded email messages.