Accessibility Tags in Hebrew Text are Incorrect After DOCX to PDF Conversion using .NET

@kushnir_l-1

Thanks for sharing the detail. We have logged it in our issue tracking system.

@kushnir_l-1

The issue reported in your first post is different from the issue reported in your last post. For this issue, we have logged new issue as WORDSNET-22523 in our issue tracking system. You will be notified via this forum thread once this issue is resolved. We apologize for your inconvenience.

Wow, I really don’t understand your vision, look what I reported origirary

When creating a PDF there is a problem in the way the tags structure is created, this create an issue when using a read aloud program, as the order of the tags is generated in a LTR ways instead the expected RTL for hebrew. Maybe I am missing a property or do to much. What I need is an accesible document so the tags are readable. i will like to save the paragraph for example, i also found in the properties something strange (not the main issue probably)
So I will say, Do I have control in the order of the tags from LTR? Can it be creatd as Paragraph? Can i change the Properies to hebrew and RTL in Properies? Thanks

This is exactly the same issue, the difference is maybe in the words I expressed but is clear for me that is the same, I said about the structure the LTR the reading order etc, I don’t know what to say, you are not giving support in an acceptable way. 8 Months from the original issue and you are not even ready to offer a work around or an estimation, this is not a minor bug, this is a huge problem for people with disabilities.

I dont care your tricks about the order of the open issues and all I will say, you must correct this issue and offer a roadmap of when this issue will be corrected

@kushnir_l-1

Please accept my apologies for your inconvenience. We have logged your concerns in our issue tracking system. We will inform you via this forum thread once there is an update available on these issues.

@kushnir_l-1 Please accept our apologizes for inconvenience. I would like to explain a bit what Tahir mean. The second created issue is about tags ordering in the table cells. The first one was, probably by mistake, understood by developers as a problem with tags ordering in the regular text only. That is why the problem with tables was not recognized timely, we are truly sorry for that.
This takes so long to resolve the issue because two complex modules of Aspose.Words are involved: Layout and Rendering. I raised priority of both issues to push them up in the que for analysis and development.

@kushnir_l-1 Could you please let us know if the regular text in the document attached by Tahir is read properly in the read aloud program? For your convenience I attach the document again.871085-logical-order.aw.pdf (143.0 KB)
We have changed an order of spans inside the document and want to know whether the provided document can be read properly using a read aloud program (we cannot check it properly because we do not have enough knowledge of the Hebrew language)
Please note, the changes are only about spans in the regular text, not in the table cells.

Will check and let you know

I want to make it clear

The regular text (not in the table) is fine
The text inside the cells is also fine
What is not fine is the order of the cells reading

@kushnir_l-1 Thank you for additional information. Now we are assured that we are moving in the right direction.

Hi

Do you have any updates about this issue?
Thanks!
Leo

@kushnir_l-1 The current status of the issue is “In Development”. I asked the responsible developer for an estimate and provide you more information once get a response.

What is the status postponed? When it will be done?

@kushnir_l-1 WORDSNET-22523 is currently postponed, that mean no estimate for it yet. It is blocked by WORDSNET-21421. Unfortunately the problem WORDSNET-21421 looks harder than we expected.
Also, there are also several other problems with reading aloud and smooth reading documents generated by Aspose.Words (not related to your document). It is not enough just change rendering order of span from visual to logical. So currently, we cannot provide you an estimate.

hi, I am wondering if there is a chance you are going to repair this bug or what???
In case we don’t pay for the renewal we will be able to use the last version, right?
We are thinking to shift to another product as this issue has critical effects on umpired customers
Please let me know ASAP

@kushnir_l-1

Sure, we will fix the problem. Unfortunately, as I already mentioned the issue sits deeper then we thought and currently, we cannot provide you an estimate. Please accept our apologizes for your inconvenience.

You can using Aspose.Words version released before your license expiration date perpetually. You can check when your subscription expires by opening the license file in Notepad (but take care not to modify and save the license file or it will no longer work) and see the SubscriptionExpiry field.

<SubscriptionExpiry>20220218</SubscriptionExpiry>

It means that you can free upgrade to version of Aspose.Words published before 02/18/2022.