Accessing additional sheets in GridJS

@billkamm,

Thanks for sharing details about your new requirements. We will evaluate your needs and get back to you with details.

@billkamm
We will support select text within a textbox object while in read only mode.
We will support select on images/shapes in read only mode.(for move operation we don’t think it is suitable in read only mode)
We have opened the following new ticket(s) in our internal issue tracking system and will deliver their fixes according to the terms mentioned in Free Support Policies.

Issue ID(s): CELLSGRIDJS-897,CELLSGRIDJS-898

You can obtain Paid Support Services if you need support on a priority basis, along with the direct access to our Paid Support management team.

1 Like

@billkamm
Please try the latest client js v23.8.2
It changes the selection behavior for read mode. Please feedback to us if you meet any issue.

There appears to be issues with the highlights disappearing when you click on some objects and also at times it looks like there is two sets of bordered outline around the stuff that is clicked and I also no context menu appears when I right-click inside of a textbox. I did check our existing functionality and we don’t need to highlight the text inside of the textbox as long as we can right-click the object and get a context menu

appears to be two squares and highlight disappears.gif (61.6 KB)
right-click no context menu.gif (30.9 KB)
highlight disappears when clicked.gif (29.6 KB)

@billkamm,

Thank you for providing the screenshots. We have recorded your findings and concerns in your relevant existing tickets. We will evaluate the mentioned issue(s) and get back to you soon.

@billkamm
We have opened the following new ticket(s) in our internal issue tracking system and will deliver their fixes according to the terms mentioned in Free Support Policies.

Issue ID(s): CELLSGRIDJS-902

You can obtain Paid Support Services if you need support on a priority basis, along with the direct access to our Paid Support management team.

@billkamm
We have adjusted the textbox selection behavior a little. For left-click on the textbox, it enters the text mode and the text can be selected, but it will not show the highlight effect. For right-click on the textbox, it still remains in image mode and displays the highlight effect, and the right context will be shown as normal.
Please try the latest client js v23.8.3.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as CELLSGRIDJS-897,CELLSGRIDJS-898,CELLSGRIDJS-902) have been fixed in this update. This message was posted using Bugs notification tool by johnson.shi

I’m still experiencing issues with some highlight not hiding when I hide all highlights in this latest version

@billkamm,

Could you please share some screen captures and samples to demonstrate and reproduce the problems/issues? We will evaluate your issues soon.

The issue as seen in “highlight disappears when clicked.gif” in the post above is still occurring
Accessing additional sheets in GridJS - #43 by billkamm

@billkamm,

Thanks for providing further details.

We have reopened your existing issue (logged earlier as “CELLSGRIDJS-902”). We will look into it soon.

Once we have an update on it, we will let you know here.

@billkamm
The issue as seen in “highlight disappears when clicked.gif” will be fixed in the next coming v23.10 release.
selecttextbox.gif (64.9 KB)
this is a preview snapshot. please have a check.

image highlights turn off on horizontal scroll.gif (134.6 KB)

When I click on a textbox object that is highlight and scroll horizontally the highlight disappears. If I then try to click in the textbox it won’t select the textbox unless I click in a different cell and then re-click in the textbox. Also, sometimes on scrolling when the highlight disappears a single select shows a highlight somewhere else on the spreadsheet

I also I have no way of right-clicking on a textbox object to bring up a context menu when in read only mode. I can right-click on images to bring up a context menu, but not a textbox. I need to be able to bring up a context menu on a selected textbox in read only mode

@billkamm,

Thank you for the screenshot, which shows that image highlights turn off when doing horizontal scrolling. We will evaluate this issue and your other mentioned issue (referring to right-clicking on a textbox object to bring up a context menu in read-only mode) in detail. We will get back to you soon with our updates and findings.

@billkamm

Issue ID(s): CELLSGRIDJS-1034,CELLSGRIDJS-1035

@billkamm
It shall be ok in the latest version. please try my demo project.
gridjs-demo-customer.v24.3.zip (1.7 MB)
here we can see ,it can show the context menus when right mouse click the textbox shapes
textboxselect.gif (871.1 KB)

Does this fix the disappearing highlights on scroll as well or just the context menu issue? I see in your animated gif you highlighted text within the texbox and scrolled horizontally, but my issue was specifically when the whole textbox is highlighted as in highlighting an object the same way you would highlight an image.

@billkamm,

It fixes the context menu issue. We could not reproduce the disappearing highlights issue on scroll yet.

Thanks for providing more details. We will be looking into it and get back to you soon.

@billkamm
Both the disappear highlight and show context menu issues for textbox are fixed, we cannot reproduce them as you can see in the project we provided. For this
‘textbox is highlighted as in highlighting an object the same way you would highlight an image’
– we don’t quite understand your requirement.

If you still have issues, can you update your code in the project to show your finding, so that we can go ahead.