Accessing Shapes data in Excel

I am using Aspose.Cells version 7.2.1

In the excel (.xls) file, i have some shapes defined.

If the shape is a Rectangle, (shape.MsoDrawingType == MsoDrawingType.Rectangle), the shape can be cast as ShapeRectangle.

if shape is a polygon (shape.MsoDrawingType == MsoDrawingType.Polygon), the shape can’t be cast (the type is obfuscated). I don’t see property/method to obtain the points to create the polygon).

In PowerPoint for example, you can have something like polyline.Path.PathPoints for that.

Hi,

Thanks for your posting and using Aspose.Cells for .NET.

I have looked into your requirement and found, it is a New Feature.

I have logged it in our database with the issue id: CELLSNET-40707. Development team will soon look into your issue and once we have some update relating to it, we will soon let you know.

Could you also provide us your sample xls/xlsx file with your shapes of which you are to access the paths?

Hi,

We have implement this New Feature.

Please download and use the latest fix: Aspose.Cells for .NET v7.2.1.6

If shape is a freeform (shape.AutoShapeType == AutoShapeType.NotPrimitive), you can obtain paths using shape.PathsInfo and obtain points from the paths.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as CELLSNET-40707) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.