Acrobat 6.0 error message


#1

After generating the PDF I tried to open it using Acrobat 6.0 (the full version) and got the following error.

"There was an error processing a page. There was a problem reading this document (135)."

If I use Acrobat Reader 7.0, the file opens correctly. I'm at a loss as to what error 135 means, so any help would be appreciated. Thanks!


#2

Hi,

Thank you for considering Aspose.

Can you please provide the code that can produce such a PDF? That is important for us to find the problem.


#3

Tommy,
I believe this issue is related to the issue in post http://www.aspose.com/Community/Forums/41479/ShowPost.aspx. I'll email you the code that I am using as it contains some sensitive data.

Dan


#4

An interesting side note: If I remove the master password line of code, then the file works fine in Acrobat 6.0 (full version). Hopefully that will help narrow your search. Big Smile [:D]


#5

Until now I can't find any problem in the PDF document. In your code, if I remove the footer or remove one of the image, it works ok. I wonder if this is a bug of Adobe reader 6. I will keep studying this issue. Please upgrade to 7.0 or remove the master password as work around.


#6

Tommy,
I'm not using Acrobat Reader 6.0, I'm using Acrobat 6.0, the full version that can create documents. The file does open fine in Reader 7.0. So why would removing the Master Password make it work in Acrobat 6.0 (full version)? That would leave me to believe that it is an issue with Aspose.Pdf and not the actual Adobe product.

Please continue to look into this as we are starting to use Aspose.Pdf in more ways soon.

Thanks,

Dan


#7

Dear Dan,

I found that document can be opened correctly with Adobe Acrobat 5.0 too. So I think this might be a bug of Acrobat 6. Can you please try upgrading to the latest version of Adobe 6?


#8

Sorry I have made a mistake. That document can't be opened in Acrobat 5. This should be the problem of Aspose.Pdf.


#9

Tommy,

I've found that in order to always get the Pdf to open and print correctly, I have to remove both the Master and the User passwords. Please let me know if you have gotten any further on correcting this issue as our clients will not want to use "temporary workarounds" for a lot longer. Thank you.

Dan

P.S. I am now using version 2.9.4 as I thought that the image encryption fix might have solved my problem, which unfortunately it did not.


#10

Dear Dan,

Sorry I have not solved this problem. It is a very strange error. If I remove one of the image, or remove the footer, it works. I have spent much time and can't find the error. I will keep on studying this issue.