Acrobat reader cannot open PDF concatenate output

Hi

We are using ASPOSE.Total product to merge 2 pdf files using the concatenate method.

When we try to open the merged output pdf, Acrobat reader shows a dialog saying the file is corrupted.

On debugging this, i found that concatenate call is returning false but there are no errors or exceptions.

the merged pdf file version is 1.4 created with acrobat 5.x

Is this a known issue? Are there any suggestions on what is causing this issue and how this can be fixed?

I appreciate a quick response to this as we have customers waiting for a fix.

thanks!

Update: I downloaded latest version of PDF Kit dll. I am now getting an InvalidCastException:

Unable to cast object of type 'xeb116a323308e2f7.xae94bcfc1c7ddd9a' to type 'xeb116a323308e2f7.x0b25947bdf0fba40'

I am attaching the PDF file that is causing this error.

Hi Rajesh,

I have reproduced this problem at my end and logged it as PDFKITNET-24797 in our issue tracking system. Our team will investigate it in detail and you’ll be updated via this forum thread once it is resolved.

We’re sorry for the inconvenience.
Regards,

Thanks for the reply.

Please email us an expected fix date.

We need to communicate this to our customers who are waiting for an update.

thanks!

Hi Rajesh,

As you know, this issue was logged recently, our team still needs to investigate it in detail. However, I have asked our team to share the ETA of this issue. You’ll be updated with the response as soon as possible.

Regards,

Hi Rajesh,

Our team has further investigated this issue and I would like to share with you that the fix for this issue will be available at the end of June 2011. You’ll be notified via this forum thread once it is resolved.

Regards,

The issues you have found earlier (filed as 24797) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.