ActiveX control becomes picture when copy sheet

Hi,

I am having a similar issue to what was reported here where the ActiveX control becomes a shape when doing a sheet copy.

A fix was issued for JAVA and I was just wondering whether the same fix was done for .NET. We upgrade every 6 months and are currently running version 17.12.

Here is a sample of code to replicate and the results in a From and To workbook.

Dim loFromWB As Aspose.Cells.Workbook
Dim loFromStr As System.IO.FileStream
loFromStr = New System.IO.FileStream(“C:\Temp\FromWB.xlsx”, IO.FileMode.Open, IO.FileAccess.Read, IO.FileShare.ReadWrite)
loFromWB = New Aspose.Cells.Workbook(loFromStr)
loFromStr.Close()
Dim loToWB As New Aspose.Cells.Workbook(Aspose.Cells.FileFormatType.Xlsx)
loToWB.Worksheets.Item(0).Copy(loFromWB.Worksheets.Item(0))
loToWB.Save(fileName:=“C:\Temp\ToWB.xlsx”, saveFormat:=Aspose.Cells.FileFormatType.Xlsx)
loFromWB = Nothing
loToWB = Nothing

Workbooks.zip (18.3 KB)

Thanks, Julie

@t1jsw

Thanks for your posting and using Aspose APIs.

The most recent version works fine with this feature. Normally, whenever we implement new feature, we first implement it in .NET version and then port it to Java. So the fix is included in both versions.

We have also tested this issue with the following code and with the given input and output Excel files and it works fine.

Download Link:
Input and Output Excel Files.zip (51.8 KB)

C#

Workbook wb = new Workbook("Sample.xlsm");
wb.Worksheets.AddCopy(0);
wb.Save("Copied2Sheet.xlsm");

Thanks for your prompt reply. However in this example you are copying a sheet within a workbook and this does work even in the version of aspose.cells I am using.

I am copying a sheet from one workbook into another workbook. This was also the issue in the post I connected to. Copying within a workbook worked while copying across workbooks did not. Can you please confirm that copying from one work book into another works in the latest .NET version of Aspose.Cells? I just tried with my combobox and it did not work?

Thanks, Julie

@t1jsw

Thanks for using Aspose APIs.

We were able to observe this issue and logged it in our database for investigation and for implementation. Once, we will have some fix or other news for you, we will let you know asap.

This issue has been logged as

• CELLSNET-45941 - ActiveX control becomes picture when copy sheet from one workbook to another workbook

@t1jsw,

This is to inform you that we have fixed your issue “CELLSNET-45941” now. We will soon provide the fix after performing QA and including other enhancements and fixes.

Keep in touch.

@t1jsw,

Thanks for using Aspose.Cells.

Please download and try the following fix and let us know your feedback.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as CELLSNET-45941) have been fixed in this update. This message was posted using BugNotificationTool from Downloads module by Amjad_Sahi

The issues you have found earlier (filed as CELLSNET-45941) have been fixed in this update. Please also check the following article:* <a href="Install Aspose Cells through NuGet|Documentation

Thanks Amjad. Just letting you know that I have confirmed that this issue is resolved and the new workbook correctly has the activeX control rather than an image.

However I am having issues with the underlying ranges that the control references not being updated so have raised a separate issue here: ListFillRange in ActiveX combo not updating

Thanks for your help Shakeel and Amjad.

Cheers, Julie

@t1jsw

It is good to know that your previous issue is resolved now. Thanks for creating a separate topic for your newer issue. We were able to observe the issue and updated you in your newer topic. Thank you and have a good day.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as ) have been fixed in this update. This message was posted using BugNotificationTool from Downloads module by MuzammilKhan