Add a hidden unique string in a slide

Hi,
I’m trying to uniquely identify slides, no matter which presentation they come from, so I can’t use SlideID.
What would be the best way to do that ? Use a string in the speaker notes, or can I hide a TextShape somewhere ? Or Alternative text ?

Best

@alb1

You can consider using SlideName property to set or get the slide name. The Alternative Text property is for shapes only. You can have slide name inside speaker notes too as it all depends on your logic that how you are going to recognize a slide.

Thanks for your answer,

Trying to set the name this way seems to keep the name empty when I open the presentation in powerpoint, am I doing it wrong ?

slidesSplit = presSplit.getSlides() 
  new_slide = slidesSplit.addClone(slide)
  new_slide.setName("COPY of slide")
  presSplit.save(slide_location, asposeSaveFormat.Pptx)

Also this would break the outline view of the slides if I need to change the name.
I’m trying to find a way to ‘hide’ a unique string somewhere, maybe in a text area that’s not in the view ?

@alb1

You can access the slide name while you observe the slide properties in developer tab which is by default not visible in PowerPoint. I suggest you to please visit this web link for your convenience to check how to obtain the slide name. The other option is to add a normal shape on slide our outside slide area that can hold your custom slide name. You can even using Shape.Hidden property to show/hide the shape.