Add a signature line at a specific location in the word document

Hi,

I want to add a signature line at specific location in the word document. I followed the below thread but failed to create:

Add signature line programmatically using Aspose.Word

I’m using the aspose-words-14.11.0-java library. Can you please guide how to achieve this?

Best Regards,

Hi Wahaj,

I do not see any merge fields in your document. You need to insert merge fields using Insert->Quick Parts->Field option in MS Word as you can see at http://www.aspose.com/docs/display/wordsjava/Prepare+a+Document

After inserting merge fields, you can use the code from http://www.aspose.com/docs/display/wordsjava/How+to++Execute+Simple+Mail+Merge to fill those fields. Please note that names of the merge fields should match the names passed through array of strings in the above mentioned code.

Best Regards,

Hi Ijaz,

Thanks for the response. I saw the example on the link:

Add signature line programmatically using Aspose.Word

I’ve done with the help of above link but I can’t sign the signature line created in MS Word. Also I don’t want to insert merge fields manually using the MS Word.

I want to create the signature lines in the word document programmatically and those lines must be capable of being signed by the MS word.

Best Regards,

Hi,

Let me explain the scenario.

I’ve a word document and the coordinates (X,Y,Height and Width). I also have the other information e.g. Signer, Signer Title, Signer Email Address and SetupID (optional).

I want to create the signature line in the word document on the above mentioned coordinates along with provided information.

How can i achieve this ?

Best Regards,

Hi Wahaj,

Adding signature line is not supported at the moment but a request in this regard has been logged into our issue tracking system as WORDSNET-11208. We will keep you updated on this issue in this thread.

Best Regards,

The issues you have found earlier (filed as WORDSNET-11208) have been fixed in this .NET update and this Java update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.
(1)

Hi,

1) It is to update you that we have now added following new methods to DocumentBuilder class:

• public Shape insertSignatureLine(com.aspose.words.SignatureLineOptions)
  • public Shape insertSignatureLine(com.aspose.words.SignatureLineOptions,int,double,int,double,int)

Here is a simple usage example:

Document doc = new Document();
DocumentBuilder builder = new DocumentBuilder(doc);

SignatureLineOptions options = new SignatureLineOptions();
options.setSigner(“John Doe”);
options.setSignerTitle(“Manager”);
options.setShowDate(false);
builder.insertSignatureLine(options);

doc.save(getMyDir() + “awjava-16.1.0.docx”);

2) We have also added SignatureLine property to Shape class. Here is how you can use it:

Document doc = new Document(getMyDir() + “Document1.docx”);
Shape shape = (Shape)doc.getChild(NodeType.SHAPE, 0, true);

SignatureLine signatureLine = shape.getSignatureLine();
signatureLine.setSigner(“John Doe2”);
signatureLine.setSignerTitle(“Manager2”);
signatureLine.setShowDate(true);

doc.save(getMyDir() + “awjava-16.1.0.docx”);

Note! Now it is not possible to sign a signature line by digital signature in Aspose.Words.

Best regards,

The issues you have found earlier (filed as ) have been fixed in this update. This message was posted using BugNotificationTool from Downloads module by MuzammilKhan