Add a vertical scroll bar inside dropdown

Hello,

Can I know how to add a vertical scroll bar inside a dropdown?

@ashokComdyn,

Are you importing Excel file (containing dropdowns/lists) into Aspose.Cells.GridWeb and want to add scrollbars to the controls or you are adding list validation to GridWeb dynamically via its APIs, please elaborate with sample file(s), sample application and screenshots? We will check it soon.

Hello Amjad,

Yes I have a dropdown in my Excel that I am importing using Aspose.Cells.GridWeb V26. One of the drop downs is very large and I want the user to have the capability to scroll which is not happening right now. See the screen shot attached.Scroll inside drop down.png (137.0 KB)

@ashokComdyn,

Thanks for the screenshot and details.

Could you please share your Excel template file containing those dropdowns? We will check it soon. Also, we apologize for any confusion, but V26 is not currently available. The latest version of Aspose.Cells.GridWeb is v23.7.

Hello,

Sorry, what I meant was 23.6 version. Here is the file. Navigate to 2-Pricing tab and for row 15, select frequency as weekly and category as Garment. Then under Type the dropdown doesn’t have a scroll bar whereas excel has it.deal_59.7z (2.4 MB)

@ashokComdyn,

Thanks for providing the sample file. After initial testing, we were able to reproduce the issue you mentioned by importing your template Excel file into GridWeb matrix. We found that the dropdown with a long list of data is displayed without vertical scroll bars for the control of your mentioned sheet, making it difficult to select bottom elements. This is not an elegant way of selection. MS Excel automatically adds a vertical scrollbar for a long data list.
e.g.
Sample code:

//Imports from an excel file.
GridWeb1.ImportExcelFile("g:\\test2\\deal_59.xlsx");

We need evaluate your issue in detail. We have opened the following new ticket(s) in our internal issue tracking system and will deliver their fixes according to the terms mentioned in Free Support Policies.

Issue ID(s): CELLSNET-53779

You can obtain Paid Support Services if you need support on a priority basis, along with the direct access to our Paid Support management team.

@ashokComdyn
please get the acwmain.js from the latest v23.7.1 client
from npm https://www.npmjs.com/package/gridweb-spreadsheet
after update the acwmain.js in your project this issue shall be fixed .
wait for your feedback.

Hello Peter.

Yes, it worked perfectly. Is there a threshold on the count of items in the dropdown to have a scrollbar or it applies only to that 1 dropdown because I am seeing the scroll bar only to that particular dropdown I mentioned above. small dropdown.png (18.3 KB)

@ashokComdyn,

Thanks for the screenshot.

I think scrollbars should be attached to long list of data. Do you need to show scrollbars to each and every dropdown control even if it has small data list?

Hello Amjad,

No just for long dropdowns should be good. I’ll test few more long dropdowns and let you know how it works. Thanks for the quick reply.

@ashokComdyn,

Sure, please take your time and test your scenario/case thoroughly. Let us know if you still find any issue.

Thanks, Amjad. It works perfectly.

@ashokComdyn,

Excellent! I’m glad to hear that it works fine for your needs. Please do not hesitate to reach out us if you have any further questions or feedback, we’re always here to help you.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as CELLSNET-53779) have been fixed in this update. This message was posted using Bugs notification tool by johnson.shi