Add image to word document's each page

Hi Adam.
First of all, thanks for your help and time! I am very thankful to you.

The question is - how to use it? I need to add an image to each doc’s page. It means to go through every page and add image to it.
But in your code there are two loops… Its confusing me

Hi there,
Thanks for your inquiry.
I gave a short code example on my previous post. The call to the attached class will return all nodes found on the specified page. In your implementation of AddTextboxToPage you can choose any appropriate node to insert a textbox at. Please see the simple code example below.

public void AddTextBoxToPage(ArrayList nodeList, int pageNum)
{
    Paragraph para = (Paragraph) nodeList[0];

// Create textbox shape.
    // Add as a child to this paragraph.
    // Inserted a textbox for this page so we've finished here, break and return;
}

Thanks,

But the problem was that there was no ability to get pages number, and Document.PageCount was giving wrong value every time. That’s why I started to user your solution.

Hi there,
You can call doc.UpdatePageLayout (pre AW 9.6) or doc.UpdateFields (post AW 9.6) before running the code to ensure that the PageCount property is up to date. This will not slow down how long it takes to retrieve the page numbers.
In either case the RetrieveAllNodesOnPages method will return an empty array list if the passed page number does not exist in the document, so you can just check for an empty list and stop processing there.
Thanks,

And what type of node should I use?
I’ve tried body and run - without success. The paragraph is not suitable for me because I need to insert image on each page.

Here is my code:

Document doc = new Document(sourceStream);

PageNumberFinder pageFinder = new PageNumberFinder(doc);
List<Node> pages;
Node page;

Shape layer;
Paragraph layerParagraph;

foreach (KeyValuePair<int, byte[]> kvp in layersContent)
{
    pages = pageFinder.RetrieveAllNodesOnPage(kvp.Key + 1, true);
    if (pages != null)
    {
        foreach (Node p in pages)
        {
            page = p;

if (page.NodeType == NodeType.Body)
            {
                layerParagraph = new Paragraph(doc);
                layer = new Shape(doc, ShapeType.Image);
                layer.ImageData.SetImage(kvp.Value);
                layer.WrapType = WrapType.None;
                layer.RelativeHorizontalPosition = RelativeHorizontalPosition.Page;
                layer.HorizontalAlignment = HorizontalAlignment.Center;
                layer.RelativeVerticalPosition = RelativeVerticalPosition.Page;
                layer.VerticalAlignment = VerticalAlignment.Center;
                layer.Left = 0;
                layer.BehindText = false;
                layer.Width = Width;
                layer.Height = Height;
                layerParagraph.AppendChild(layer);
                (p as Body).AppendChild(layerParagraph);
            }
        }
    }
}

doc.Save(resultStream, (SaveFormat)outputFormat);
result = resultStream.ToArray();

Thanks

Adam,
one more detail: in case the document have only one page - the RetrieveAllNodesOnPage return a node aith Body type. But when the pages quantity more then one - the only nodes that are returned by this method is type of paragraph and run

Hi there,
Remember that a shape node can only be a child of a paragraph. Please see details on the Document Object Model here for clarifications.
You cannot insert the paragraph to the end of the body as the body of the section may span across many pages. Instead you need to insert it before or after one of the nodes found on the current page (the nodes in the list).
Please see the changes to your code below.

foreach(KeyValuePair <int, byte[]> kvp in layersContent)
{
    pages = pageFinder.RetrieveAllNodesOnPage(kvp.Key + 1, true);
    if (pages != null)
    {
        foreach(Node p in pages)
        {
            page = p;
            if (page.NodeType == NodeType.Paragraph)
            {
                layerParagraph = new Paragraph(doc);

layer = new Shape(doc, ShapeType.Image);
                layer.ImageData.SetImage(kvp.Value);
                layer.WrapType = WrapType.None;
                layer.RelativeHorizontalPosition = RelativeHorizontalPosition.Page;
                layer.HorizontalAlignment = HorizontalAlignment.Center;
                layer.RelativeVerticalPosition = RelativeVerticalPosition.Page;
                layer.VerticalAlignment = VerticalAlignment.Center;
                layer.Left = 0;
                layer.BehindText = false;
                layer.Width = Width;
                layer.Height = Height;

layerParagraph.AppendChild(layer);
                (p as Paragraph).ParentNode.InsertBefore(layerParagraph, p);
                break;
            }
        }
    }
}

Regarding your other query, if a body takes up more than one page (which it most likely does) then it wont be returned on that list as it cannot be contained on the one page, that is why only the paragraphs that make up the page are included.
Thanks,

Thank you very much, Adam!
It seems that everything works fine right now.

Hi Adam, we might have found a bug in the code:

The code that retrieves all nodes on page is not returning items (paragraphs) which are on the first line/row one a page for pages above 1.

So basically it gives me the correct values for the first line of page 1, but for pages after page 1 it will not return paragraph node for the first line on the page.

List pageNodes = pageFinder.RetrieveAllNodesOnPage(pageNum, true);

Let me know if this makes sense.

Brian

Hi Brian,
Thanks for your inquiry. Yes this makes sense but could attach the document you are having trouble with here so I can test it directly. I will take a closer look into it for you.
Thanks,

Hi Adam, sure attached is the test document.

If I open that doc on my system in MS Word 2010 I will see 2 pages, Aspose will only show it on 1 page. First line from second page in MS Word will be shown at the bottom on first page in aspose.

Not sure if there is much that can be done about this.

Thanks

Hi Brian,

Thank you for additional information. I managed to reproduce the problem on my side. It seems there is some problem with our rendering engine. For example, if you try saving your document to PDF you will get the same result. Your request has been linked to the appropriate issue. You will be notified as soon as it is resolved.
Best regards,

Hi Adam, your code does not work in aspose 10. It worked in previous versions ok.

The code now returns the whole file content, not the individual page.

Any chance you could have a look at it to see if you can get it working with aspose 10?

Thanks

Hi there,
Thanks for your inquiry.
You’re correct, this was a small bug on my end which is now fixed and reattached.
Thanks,

Thanks Adam, that works but there is still one odd bug.

The code will not copy the first line of text for page 2 and above.

It copies the first line of text for the first page, but for page 2, 3 etc the first line is removed.

Another problem is if their is an ordered list that spans two pages, when the pages are split, the list order is not keep, eg its broken into 2 lists.

I know in the MS Word api there is an option to convert lists to text before you break up the pages, that way the structure is keep.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Hi Brian,
Thanks for your inquiry.
Could you please attach the document here you are having trouble with? I will check this further for you and provide some feedback.
Regarding the issue with the lists, I was unable to reproduce any issue like this during testing. Could you please post an example here as well? Also you may want to use the small fix found in this thread here, this might be what you are looking for.
Thanks,

Thanks Adam, attached in a zip file is the code I am using to split the page.

Also attached is the word file I was testing.

I rely appreciate your help.

Brian

Hi there,
Thanks for your inquiry.
I managed to reproduce the issue on my side. Your request has been linked to the appropriate issue. You will be informed as soon as it is resolved.
This is an issue with the rendering engine which positions the first few paragraphs on the pervious page, most likely because of the image on the first page.
Thanks,

The issues you have found earlier (filed as WORDSNET-4518;WORDSNET-4816) have been fixed in this .NET update and in this Java update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as WORDSNET-2978) have been fixed in this .NET update and this Java update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.
(55)