Add large size JPG to PDF using Aspose.PDF for .NET - API is taking long time

I am building a pdf that can optionally include an image from the fileserver (which may or may not be the same server). When a jpg over roughly 200K is added, it seems to just work and work and 15 minutes later the PDF is not up and I have to restart IIS. It does not seem to do this if I use other types of images such as BMP... Here is a little of the code:

Dim img As Aspose.Pdf.Image = New Aspose.Pdf.Image
img.ImageInfo.ImageFileType = Aspose.Pdf.ImageFileType.Jpeg
img.ImageInfo.IsImageNotFoundErrorIgnored = True
'get the url (it will be in a format something like: http://docserver/images/image33443.jpg)
sURL = GetImageURL(drDoc("id"))
img.ImageInfo.File = sURL
'pictures will vary in size - must hardcode a size
img.ImageInfo.FixWidth = 400
sec1.Paragraphs.Add(img)

Thanks in advance for any help!!

Dear AngelaC,

Thank you for considering Aspose.

This is strange. Can you please provide the image file and let me test it?

Thanks for looking at this Tommy.

It happens on all sorts of different JPGs (our customers can upload images to the file server and then the webserver will allow viewing them by pointing to the correct URI). I will attach an example one.

Thanks!

I found your image is multi-page black-and-white TIFF image in fact. I know the performance for processing such image is unacceptable. I have decided to optimize it next week.

Sorry to tell you that this problem can’t be solved in short time. We will go on studying this issue and I will notify you when we have a solution. Sorry for the inconvenience.