Add Multipage-Tiff to PDF using Aspose.PDF for .NET - PDF file size is large

Hi,

I’m using Aspose.Pdf (C# .NET) to add a multipage TIFF to a PDF. This works fine, but the PDF files are getting very large (e.g. my TIFF-file has 73KB, the PDF has 5MB). Also the process takes too much time.

There was already a topic for both issuses, created in november 2016 () but it seems, it has been deleted. Both issues were logged into the tracking system:

• PDFNET-41849 TIFF to PDF - Conversion process takes too much time
• PDFNET-41850 TIFF to PDF - Resultant PDF is too large

Are there any news on these tickets?

I can provide sample code or sample TIF-files if needed.

@csbdev

Thanks for contacting support.

We are sorry for the inconvenience which you have faced. We are working over recovering lost threads and we hope this issue will be resolved soon.

Furthermore, regarding PDFNET-41849, we have tested the scenario with Aspose.PDF for .NET 18.2 while using your TIFF image and noticed that performance of the API was much improved. Please try your scenario again with latest version of the API and in case you still experience any issue, please let us know.

Concerning to the PDFNET-41850, the issue has not been yet resolved and we have intimated respective team about your concerns. As soon as we have some definite updates regarding its resolution, we will let you know. Please spare us little time.

We are sorry for the inconvenience.

I’ve done some tests with version 18.10. But it seems nothing has changed compared to our current version (11.6). The tif-file used for testing has 5 pages and a size of 72KB. The PDF created with Aspose.Net has 4.8MB in both cases and the conversion takes 2.5 - 3 seconds in both cases.

Is there any chance to get some improvements?

@csbdev

We apologize for the inconvenience faced. I regret that the earlier logged issues are not yet resolved due to large number of pending issues in the queue. Please note that the issues were logged under free support model where issues have low priority and are resolved on first come first serve basis - unlike the paid support model where issues posses high precedence and are resolved urgently.

Moreover, we have noted your concerns and escalated the issues priority to next level. As soon as we have some definite updates regarding their resolution, we will surely inform you within this forum thread. We greatly appreciate your patience and comprehension in this regard. Please spare us little time.

We are sorry for the inconvenience.