Free Support Forum - aspose.com

Add progress bar during concatenation

Hi,

We want to concat PDF document (sometimes over 100 documents). We do the job like this:
PdfFileEditor editor = new PdfFileEditor();
editor.CloseConcatenatedStreams = true;
editor.AllowConcatenateExceptions = true;
editor.Concatenate(sFileNames.ToArray(), session["sConcatenateFile"].ToString());

But, we want to add a progress bar (0% to 100%) on the web page the show to the user the progression of the concatenation...

How can I know the progression of the result document without affect performance??

Thank you and have a nice day!!

Steeve

Hi Steeve,

When concatenating the PDF files, Aspose.Pdf for .NET first reads the input PDF documents either from explicit file path or array containing input files and I am afraid currently there is not procedure to determine the progress related to files concatenation. However I will further discuss with development team and see if there can be any solution for this requirement or not.

Please be patient and spare us little time. We are sorry for this inconvenience.

Hi Steeve,

I have further discussed this scenario with development team and as per our current understanding, the requested feature is
currently not supported but for the sake of implementation, I have logged this
requirement in our issue tracking system under New Features list as PDFNEWNET-35031.
We will further investigate this requirement in details and will keep you
updated on the status of a correction. <o:p></o:p>

We apologize for your inconvenience.